PDA

View Full Version : Left a message for Dr but..dizziness in pg?

Sugar Magnolia
01-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I already left my OB a message but thought I would ask here if anyone has any idea what the heck is going on.

I am 14 weeks and since I have been pregnant I have dizzy spells. Dh thought it was because I love coffee, so I stopped drinking it at 6 weeks. When I brought it up to my OB she did blood work (I was dehydrated) and wanted me to get my eyes looked at by an Ophthalmologist (have an appt at the end of the month). No matter how much water/Propel/whatever I drink I get dizzy spells at least once a week.

Right now I am disoriented and dizzy. Dh is on his way and I have a message in for the OB. Its so bad that I am having a hard time walking and speaking (and typing).

Any ideas?

WatchingThemGrow
01-02-2009, 02:07 PM
No experience. Can you get a quick bite to eat and see if that helps? Maybe lie down on your left side?

kep
01-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I have been dizzy through out each of my three pregnancies. Mine is usually due to low blood pressure. Try drinking water and resting. I know that is the stock advice, but that would help with several issues that may be going on, such as dehydration, low blood volume, etc. I hope you feel better soon! I frequently feel just on the verge of fainting/passing out, and feel dizzy and weak. It's just me, I guess! :hug5:

Jenny_A
01-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Dizziness is a very common symptom of pregnancy. Your blood volume is increasing significantly and just the change in hormones, etc... can lead to dizziness. I would still talk to your doctor. It sounds like you may have a bad case of it and you'll want to make sure nothing else is going on.

Like PPs said, drink water and rest!

Jenny

Moneypenny
01-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I have been dizzy through out each of my three pregnancies. Mine is usually due to low blood pressure. Try drinking water and resting. I know that is the stock advice, but that would help with several issues that may be going on, such as dehydration, low blood volume, etc. I hope you feel better soon! I frequently feel just on the verge of fainting/passing out, and feel dizzy and weak. It's just me, I guess! :hug5:

I had the exact same experience, except I've only been pregnant once. My OB told me it was perfectly normal. I was anemic during pregnancy as well, which didn't help matters, but the dizziness continued throughout the whole pregnancy.

amandabea
01-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Same experience here with my one pregnancy. Make sure you are drinking a LOT of water and snacking. I always kept small packs of almonds, sliced apples, cheese sticks, power-type bars, etc. on hand for mid-morning and afternoon snacking. My dizziness subsided around 14-17 weeks.
Check in w/ your OB and take it easy.

Best wishes,
Amanda

lisams
01-02-2009, 03:46 PM
While I think dizziness it's kind of a normal side effect of being pregnant, I also know it can be a sign of anemia. Maybe check your prenatal to see if it has enough iron?

Hope you're feeling better soon.