PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for castle for 4-5 yo

ht265
01-02-2009, 03:55 PM
My son is really into castle now. I bought the king arthur set form megablok for chiristmas. I didn't realize it's designed for older kids with many small parts. He has a hard time to put them together. As matter of fact we are still working on it. Can someone recommend a set that doesn;t request tedious setup yet still have many features that he can open/chnage. BTW, he was also despointed that the set we have didn't come with a princess that he can rescue. I don't care it's plastic or wood. Thanks a lot.

WatchingThemGrow
01-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Doesn't Playmobil have quite a bit of that stuff? We're not there yet, but I thought that he'd be the right age, and I've seen a good bit of add-on kits, many with princesses.

SnuggleBuggles
01-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Hmm, I am not sure if the Fisher Price Imaginext castle would have features you want or not but it is a fun castle for that age.

Beth

wolverine2
01-02-2009, 05:12 PM
DS got a playmobil take-along castle for Christmas and is loving it. We had to buy the princess separately. :) There's also a huge playmobil castle, but it was a bit more than we wanted at this point. The take-along one folds up nicely for storage. It has a drawbridge and "secret opening" in the wall, but not much else can be changed around if that's important.

The Review Mommy
01-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Playmobil-small

FP Imaginex line is well liked on this board and bigger pieces. Kohls has them for good price. I've seen some sets at Costco and Sams during the holidays.

new_mommy25
01-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Check out the Duplo castle. It looks really fun.

ht265
01-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks moms! I had the impression that playmobil building toys usually have many pieces, Is it true? I did checked out fp imaginext and like it, but I have not able to find good price on it. I'll keep looking. Will the princess from playmobil match fp imaginext set size-wise? My son insists on the princess can't be bigger than the knight, otherwise he can't save her....

purpleeyes
01-06-2009, 10:26 PM
we really like the small melissa and doug one. It was a big hit this Christmas! It came with thrones, bed, treasure chest, two knights, two horses, and a king and queen.

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Fold-Mini-Castle/dp/B001MHWSP0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1231295105&sr=8-3

It doesn't have too many different rooms, but the big one does:
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Folding-Medieval/dp/B000NV9FR0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1231295105&sr=8-4

HTH!