PDA

View Full Version : Your FAVORITE time of year for WDW?

Corie
01-02-2009, 07:31 PM
When is your absolute favorite time of year to visit Walt Disney World?

egoldber
01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
In this order....

1) early November - low crowds, Food&Wine Festival at Epcot, still warm and little rain

2) early December - low crowds, holiday decorations, still warm and little rain

3) late January / early February - very low crowds, cool but usually not cold

4) late February / early March - low crowds if you beat Spring Break, a little warm but not hot

Melbel
01-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Definitely January/February timeframe for smaller crowds and cooler temperatures.

Fairy
01-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Lemme tell ya, it warn't September. I thought, great! No crowds, and not hot! Well, no crowds was check. Not hot was a pipe dream. We were melting. It was bad. We won't be going back in September.

Our next try is going to be January or February to keep with the low crowds, but get cool wx.

hellokitty
01-02-2009, 09:49 PM
mid-Oct to early Nov, it is not crowded and the weather is milder.

Momof3Labs
01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Early December - I love the holiday decorations. But it also creates a real crunch for us to get ready for Christmas, so we won't do it again soon.

We went in the second half of October this last time, and the weather was great and the crowds were heavier than early December, but still manageable. Food & Wine festival at Epcot is a lot of fun, but avoid it on Fri and Sat evenings!!

JTsMom
01-03-2009, 11:54 AM
We just went during the first week of December, and it was wonderful! The decorations were amazing, the place was practically empty, at least compared to what I'd seen in the past, and the weather was good- a little cold, which limited swimming, but I'd MUCH rather deal with cold than heat and humidity. I agree with Lori that it did really make Christmas prep hard, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat! :) Plus, it works well for us b/c my b-day and our wedding anniversary is during that time, and that was fun.

When I was a child, we went during the summer months and September mostly, and the weather is beyond awful. I'm melting just thinking about it!