PDA

View Full Version : Startling find in the Miles Kimball catalog.

fortato
01-02-2009, 09:56 PM
So...we're visiting my IL's for a week, and I've run out of things to read...
MIL gets all kinds of crazy catalogs, usually the ones that sell crap for old ladies- like walker trays, and dickeys, and elastic waistband slacks. (Yes, slacks).

Well...I was reading the Miles Kimball catalog with my nephew... who is 6... and commenting on the "cool" stuff we could buy for Gram(MIL) next Christmas.
"Ooooh, Curtis- Look! Rain bonnets, pill boxes, linement, vibra.... WHAT???!!!"
Yes... on the page RIGHT after the protective undergarments was two WHOLE pages of "massagers", and not the kind you could discreetly say was for that crick in your neck. The "Hey look at me, I'm a glass penis" kind.
It takes a LOT to get me shocked, or even flustered... and here I am, with a six year old on my lap, with a picture of a big pink vibrator staring up at us.
Curtis says "Hey Auntie Kristen... what's that!!!!???!!"
I said to ask his grandmother, and shut the catalog.
That is the last time I look at catalogs my MIL gets.

SnuggleBuggles
01-02-2009, 09:59 PM
That's hysterical!

Beth

kransden
01-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Rotflmao!!!!!!!!
:ROTFLMAO:

Corie
01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
I could use a pair of those elastic waistband slacks. Especially
right now as I'm stuffing my face eating my Entenmann's crumb
donuts.

Melaine
01-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I could use a pair of those elastic waistband slacks. Especially
right now as I'm stuffing my face eating my Entenmann's crumb
donuts.

Jealous.....
already raided our cupboard and it's as if someone was taking my new year's resolutions seriously and took all my junk food.

Or maybe I just already ate it all.....

But about the catalog....REALLY?!!??! That's really bizarre....I mean, grandmothers are not supposed to leave that stuff laying around.

srhs
01-02-2009, 10:44 PM
The page wasn't dog-eared, was it? Because that would be bad.

GlindaGoodWitch
01-02-2009, 10:45 PM
So I'm just wondering - was that in the "Health & Beauty" or "Hobbies & Leisure" section of the catalog?

(Way to go Grandma!)

By the way, I had to look up Miles Kimball and happened upon this on their website which is leaving me quite confused and questioning my knowledge of anatomy...

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Health+%26+Beauty&SCID=Health++Care&ProductID=0000003440&SiteNum=0&sortBy=Rank%20ASC&TabNum=0

The page wasn't dog-eared, was it? Because that would be bad. (((snicker)))

nov04
01-02-2009, 10:46 PM
I got curious and looked at the website. I'm still trying to figure out the 'super kegel' thing.

srhs
01-02-2009, 10:47 PM
By the way, I had to look up Miles Kimball and happened upon this on their website which is leaving me quite confused and questioning my knowledge of anatomy...

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Health+%26+Beauty&SCID=Health++Care&ProductID=0000003440&SiteNum=0&sortBy=Rank%20ASC&TabNum=0

Click on MORE IMAGES! 'Cuz I wasn't understanding either.........need more images.......

nov04
01-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Click on MORE IMAGES! 'Cuz I wasn't understanding either.........need more images.......

I just about spit out my coffee, I was thinking it was to be used internally!!!!

kristenk
01-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Okay, the super kegel thing has me confused. If you're squeezing something between your inner thighs, aren't you just working on your inner thighs and there's nothing kegel-y about it? Right? To see that thing with the word kegel associated with it made me wince.

Kristen, you made my evening! :ROTFLMAO:

fortato
01-02-2009, 11:48 PM
I wouldn't buy that SuperKegel thing... it's a unitasker (Alton Brown would agree). Unless I can crack walnuts or use it to hold something- like my diva cup holds my extra change- then I'm not buying it.

I really don't think MIL had any idea that that stuff was in the catalog. But, I am intrigued about the other catalogs she gets.

kristenk
01-02-2009, 11:52 PM
I sense more leafing through your MIL's catalogs in your future...

caleymama
01-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I just about spit out my coffee, I was thinking it was to be used internally!!!!

Me too! The whole for men or women bit made me stop and think for a second.

GlindaGoodWitch
01-03-2009, 12:31 PM
like my diva cup holds my extra change

Doesn't sound like you'd need the SuperKegel anyway. Wocka Wocka Wocka!

JTsMom
01-03-2009, 02:11 PM
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Can't.....breathe! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

WTF is with the super Kegel thing?!?!?!? You guys definitely killed my appetite for the rest of the day!

JTsMom
01-03-2009, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't buy that SuperKegel thing... it's a unitasker (Alton Brown would agree). Unless I can crack walnuts or use it to hold something- like my diva cup holds my extra change- then I'm not buying it.

I really don't think MIL had any idea that that stuff was in the catalog. But, I am intrigued about the other catalogs she gets.

MUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAH ! OMG! You must stop! :hysterical:

DrSally
01-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Wow.....Even the elderly need a little something....

Emmas Mom
01-03-2009, 11:20 PM

It's like a Thigh Master! I wonder if that's why Suzanne Sommers is always smiling?? I'd like to see that "9-page booklet & exercise chart" online. ;) All I can say is Go Grandma!!