PDA

View Full Version : How many kids do you have

JBaxter
01-02-2009, 10:46 PM
How many kids do you have and are you done or want more.

We have 4 boys
Logan 17
Connor 14
Nathan 5
Jack 2 months

We are done... I love babies but at 41 I think Ive reached my limit ( LOL esp since Jack was 10lbs)

AngelaS
01-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Three girls--11, 6.5 and 4.

We're done. But if someone dropped a baby on my doorstep, I wouldn't turn it away....

Melaine
01-02-2009, 10:49 PM
My two are two.....

I do NOT feel finished at all and want ideally two (or so) more

DH would be fine with stopping here and now.

Melarina
01-02-2009, 10:49 PM
One girl, fifteen months old today.

Almost seven weeks pregnant with #2, expected August 2009.

bubbaray
01-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Two girls, ages 4.75 and nearly 2. I am done biologically, though would be totally on board with adopting more children. DH wants more biologically, so I've told him to join a polygymous cult. Kinda joking. Kinda not. I'm d.o.n.e. biologically. Did you hear that DH? D.O.N.E. like dinner, dude.

GAmama
01-02-2009, 10:51 PM
We have 4 currently
DS 11
DD 8
DS 6
DD 4

DH had a vasectomy after #4 was born but we have since decided that maybe we want one or two more. We are looking into reversals and adoption. Ahh how 4 years changes things

cleo27
01-02-2009, 11:01 PM
I have one 4.5 yr old. We are on the cusp of TTC #2, I think... We have been back and forth on this decision for, oh, about 4.5 years!

One more and we would definitely be done.

nov04
01-02-2009, 11:03 PM
we are blissfully happy with our 2. dh had v in the summer so another isn't really in the cards.

heatherlynn
01-02-2009, 11:03 PM
We have 3 - 2 girls and 1 boy. I would really really like one more, but I can't convince DH. :(

caheinz
01-02-2009, 11:04 PM
The plan was two (no gender preferences). We now have three -- all boys.

We're all done.

elektra
01-02-2009, 11:06 PM
1 DD 21 months and expecting a boy in May. DH and I both feel that we will be done after 2. Maybe I will get the itch for a 3rd in a few years but I just can't picture it at this point.

pb&j
Two living children -
DS, almost 3
and DD, brand new

And we are DONE. DONE DONE DONE. It was very important to me that DS have a living sibling, but honestly, I never felt like my family was incomplete before DD came along. Of course, now that she's here, I can't imagine life without her. But no way, no how do I ever want to be pregnant again. And I am not so crazy about the first few months with a newborn. Plus, I am really ready to be able to set professional and personal goals that don't take pregnancy and BFing into account.

ETA: Oh, my post sounds so crabby! I LOVE my children with all my heart, and am SO glad they are here, nerve-wracking high-risk pgcy's, sleepless newborn nights and all. But yes, our family is definitely complete as it is. :)

jgenie
I have one DS - nearly 1 yr old. I wasn't ready to be a parent until DS was born, but if we had started having kids sooner I would want a houseful - 3, 4 or maybe 5. IRL I'm praying for 1 more!!

WatchingThemGrow
01-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Two and one on the way

DD 2.5
DS 1

when the final one is born:
DD 36 months
DS 18 months
surprise gender - newborn

Honestly, we never really had time to think about "how many" and "when" but we're happy with how things have gone. I have no idea how to run a household with this many people, so no more for us. I'm biologically an only child, so this seems all pretty new to me.

gatorsmom
01-02-2009, 11:11 PM
We have 4:

DS1-5
DS2-3
DD and DS -13mo twins

We aren't sure if we are done or not. I"ve had 3 c/s but the OB told me in the op room that he felt I my uterus could handle a 4th. If, however I had twins again, I think I'd lose my mind. I'm 37 yo so I guess I could squeeze in another baby before I"m 40 (my cut off date).

motherofone
01-02-2009, 11:11 PM
I have one dd. We wanted two but it wasn't in the cards. darn.

SASM
01-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Three.

DS ~ almost 6y
DD ~ "3 and a half and three quarters", aka 3.5y
DD ~ 15 mos

I LOVE babies and LOVE being pg but we are sooo done. Our family just feels "complete" and comfy.

Corie
01-02-2009, 11:15 PM
I have a daughter, 7 yrs. old and a son, 4 yrs. old.

I had a tubal ligation after my second c-section.

I'm done.

kijip
01-02-2009, 11:18 PM
We have one 5 year old boy and one newborn boy. I can't say for sure how many more we want to have. Due to the condition of my uterus after 2 sections, only 1 more c-section, which would most likely require a classical incision, is likely a healthy possibility according to the surgeon that did this section- there was considerable damage from the first one, which made this one harder to do. So while we may have a couple more children, I will either have zero or 1 more pregnancy tops. I'm only 28 and my husband is only 29, so we have time to decide if we want another pregnancy or to start working on adoption. If we add more children, it would be in 3-4 years at the soonest, more like 4-5 years.

BabyMine
01-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I have 2 boys
DS1 3.7y
DS2 5m

Unfortunately, due to my current medical condition and the toll the last 2 pregnancies took on my body, I would probably die if we had another. But I still want one.:)

mamaoftwins
01-02-2009, 11:23 PM
We have 2 (14mos).

I am unsure if I want to have any more. DH definitely wants at least one more. I always said I wanted two kids, but if I had twins (we have a ton of twins in my family), I would consider a third. I told DH that we can start talking about it when the guys turn 2.

I also fear that I might have twins again. Dear god, I don't know what I would do.

So, here I am, considering, and taking my birth control pills religiously. :)

ahrimie
01-02-2009, 11:24 PM
just one: Isabella is 7.5 months old and just lights up my world.

i think i'd like to have 2-3 more :)

Puddy73
01-02-2009, 11:24 PM
DD - 5
DS -3
DD2 - 8 weeks

If we won the lottery I would have one or two more but given our current situation I think we are done. I'm happy with my three DC, but each time that DD2 passes a milestone I get a little twinge of sadness knowing that she is very likely our last.

KrisM
01-02-2009, 11:25 PM
We have 3:

boy 4.75 years
girl 2.5 years
boy 5.5 months

We are done. No more will fit in the car.

shawnandangel
01-02-2009, 11:30 PM
I have one DD born 10/08. The original plan was to have 2 but right now I'm still emotionally recovering from the c/s. Right now I'm content with one.

willow33
01-02-2009, 11:32 PM
We have 2 boys and a little girl on the way. She will complete our family. The boys will be 6 & 4 when she is born and I'll be just shy of 35. I always wanted 2 or 3 children so this just seems perfect to us.

ha98ed14
01-02-2009, 11:34 PM
But no way, no how do I ever want to be pregnant again. And I am not so crazy about the first few months with a newborn. Plus, I am really ready to be able to set professional and personal goals that don't take pregnancy and BFing into account.

This is exactly how I feel after my one. DD is about 20mos. I am so glad I have her but I have no desire right now for a second. I am leaving the door open that I may feel differently when she is 4 or 5, but right now I like it just how it is.

rprav8r added that she thought her words sounded crabby. I don't think so. I think these are the words of someone who knows her limits and her desires and is realistic about what life is like with small children and what is possible or at least more difficult the more children you have. (How's that for a run on sentence? :P) So far, I think I am the only poster who just wants one. It's a weird place to be when most people I know IRL and online are having 2+. But this is what works for us for now so I am happy with my decision.

lizajane
01-02-2009, 11:35 PM
DS1 is 5 and DS2 is 4 this month. DH had a vasectomy TODAY. as in TODAY. now. this day. the day that is today.

am i thrilled that we made this choice? no. but he is DONE. done done done. and i am just not exactly sure. and i have two beautiful kids and i love DH. and i feel no need to try to force him into a third that i am not even sure i want.

BUT we compromised. we are going to learn about fostering or fostering to adopt. and bringing a child into our home not only fills my potential need for another, but it also fills my calling to make a child without a family a part of ours.

so he would not have done it without my blessing. which he has. (i went with him. :) )

Clarity
01-02-2009, 11:35 PM
[quote=gatorsmom]DD and DS -13mo twins[quote]

Wow, your twins are 13 months already? My how time flies! (Especially when I'm outside looking in, I'm sure!)

Clarity
01-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Two girls
2.5 years and 3.5 months. And we're done. Done. Done. I'm one who didn't care for being pregnant either and *whew* the transition from 1 to 2 almost killed me!

mamicka
01-02-2009, 11:42 PM
3 boys. 5,3,1

I'm not ready to be done, but I can't handle more kids now. God willing, we'll be able to have 1-2 more in about 3-4 years, or fostering/adopting might be an option.

gatorsmom
01-02-2009, 11:47 PM
[quote=gatorsmom]DD and DS -13mo twins[quote]

Wow, your twins are 13 months already? My how time flies! (Especially when I'm outside looking in, I'm sure!)

Thank you for remembering! Yeah, I felt every second of that 13 months. Loved it and survived it. :)

Emmas Mom
01-02-2009, 11:58 PM
We have two girls: 5 & almost 3. I wanted one more but that's apparently not in the cards. :( That's the one thing about cancer that truly bums me out. I'll be 39 before I can even consider another & I'm not sure my body will even be able to when I'm done with all my treatment. We can consider adoption but not until we know I'm cancer free.

Fairy
01-03-2009, 12:00 AM
We have one, DS is 4. We're done.

--------------------

Oh, Kristine. :hug:

Mamma2004
01-03-2009, 12:06 AM
We have one DS, age 4.5.
The plan was always "two to four", depending on singleton vs. multiple birth (history of twins in the family).

After our lengthy saga of infertility, IVFs, m/c, etc. we were blessed with one healthy, precious preemie.

We kept trying (including more IVFs); our hearts are tremendously full with our little boy. I am counting the days until the big 4-0 so unless God decides otherwise, our family is complete.

MmeSunny
01-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Can I just say a big thanks to the moms who are ok with one? (And this is in NO WAY negative for the others who are 2+ kiddos.)

We have one. It took 5 years of trying to adopt before we got her. Now that she's 16 months, I have been thinking that if we want another we'd better get moving. After all, everyone says. . . what just one?

But we can't afford another kid. And we'd have to move. I should be so super happy with just one. She's a miracle in her own right.

So thank you for reminding me that there are happy families out there with "just one".:love5:

hellokitty
01-03-2009, 12:11 AM
I have an almost 5 yr old boy and a 3 yr old boy. I'm expecting baby #3 in July, don't know the sex yet. After baby #3, we will be finished having kids.

MontrealMum
01-03-2009, 12:15 AM
We have one DS, aged 16 mos. I would like one more, DH isn't sure what he wants. I am 37 - nearly 38 - so we don't have that many more years to consider it. If we only have one, we only have one, and I would be totally happy with that too - because he's a wonderful little guy. :)

hez
01-03-2009, 12:18 AM
2 children. DS is 5, DD is a couple days shy of 8 months.

I think we're done, but I wouldn't be sad if we got surprised.

mudder17
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
2 girls

4 (almost 5)

We're done. :)

Hugs Kristine. :hug: :hug: :hug:

spanannie
01-03-2009, 12:47 AM
DS 6.5
DD 4.5
DD 6 mos

We are done. DH just turned 45 and it was a stretch to get him to agree to have a 3rd. A 4th would be out of the question; he thinks he's too old, LOL, since he wants to retire and not be raising kids at the same time. I'm a good bit younger than he is. If we were the same age, I think there would be a good chance that we'd have more, but that's just not the case. I'm completely satisfied with what we have and my hands are plenty full! I'm happy to say that I do have the "complete" feeling, though, and don't have the "on the fence" feeling that I had before deciding to have the third.

mommyp
01-03-2009, 12:49 AM
1 girl...our almost 1 year old!
Would like 1 more, but not ready yet.

Nooknookmom
01-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Two DD's 13years & 19 months. After such a spread, I do think we are all done!

Puberty & pampers is sometimes crazy!

KpbS
01-03-2009, 01:45 AM
We have a 4 year old DS and a 9 mo. DS.
Both DH and I are on the fence about another. Really torn. Who knows?

sarahsthreads
01-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Two girls here, one 4 years old and one almost 6 months old. Would love another (either gender, really, but I had a dream once that I'd have three girls) and DH seems on board with the idea...in a few years.

Actually, I think maybe we'd been home with DD2 for all of two days when I said something like "let's do this again!" and DH looked at me like he was considering calling the guys who come with the coats that tie in the back. Once I assured him I didn't mean right now he was a little less concerned with my mental health. ;)

Sarah :)

SpaceGal
01-03-2009, 02:19 AM
We have two now...I thought I always wanted just two...but I guess after having two I wanted another. DH always wanted 4 or 5.

DS #1 is almost 4
DS #2 is almost 2

DD due beginning of 2/2009. After this I am done...no more...this pregnancy wasn't hard but it wasn't as easy as the first two were and with two crazy boys running around it's hard being pregnant. I hope that after DD arrives I'll feel done. I think I will be...the OB is already asking if I want my tubes tied. Dunno...I just want DD here happy and healthy and then I can worry about all that other stuff.

amandabea
01-03-2009, 02:29 AM
We have one and we're happily done. DD is almost 2.

MommyAllison
01-03-2009, 03:12 AM
We have a 3 year old daughter and an 8 month old son. We would like to have more, but would be ok if we don't, too.

Neatfreak
01-03-2009, 03:18 AM
My oldest daughter is 4.5 years old, and my baby girl is 11.5 weeks old. We're done.

Staraglimmer
01-03-2009, 03:28 AM
We have one little girl. Before she was born, I wanted 4, DH wanted 2. But after morning sickness, a rash that covered everything but my face for 4 months, collecting my urine in my fridge twice (for tests), spinal headaches, a blood patch, and a tummy that still hurts...... I think I'm done. Maybe I'll change my mind one day.....I'd love more........but it scares me.

The funny thing is that she was worth it:)

graciebellesmomma
01-03-2009, 04:29 AM
DD, who is 6.4 years old and the LOVE of my life. She is truly an angel.
DS who was killed by a drunk driver one week after he turned 18. DD was 3 months old when he was killed. He was
my sunshine. My light.

I have basically raised two, only children. I'm so happy that DS got to meet and fall in love with his baby sister. He was smitten.

They are 17 years and 9 months apart.

I gave birth at 19 to DS and at 36 to DD.

I can tell you that being a young Mom has it's benefits, as does being an older, more established Mom. Wouldn't trade either experience for the world.

That being said, I am 43 and D.O.N.E.

graciebellesmomma
01-03-2009, 04:30 AM
DOuble post. sorry.

elephantmeg
01-03-2009, 10:17 AM
We have 2 and are 99% sure we are done.

elephantmeg
01-03-2009, 10:18 AM
DS who was killed by a drunk driver one week after he turned 18. DD was 3 months old when he was killed. He was
my sunshine. My light.

I have basically raised two, only children. I'm so happy that DS got to meet and fall in love with his baby sister. He was smitten.

They are 17 years and 9 months apart.

I gave birth at 19 to DS and at 36 to DD.

I can tell you that being a young Mom has it's benefits, as does being an older, more established Mom. Wouldn't trade either experience for the world.

That being said, I am 43 and D.O.N.E.

I am SO SORRY for you loss. Huge hugs to you.

Wife_and_mommy
01-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Fun thread. :)

I have almost 5 dd and almost 3 ds. We do want more kiddos. DH is r.e.a.d.y to try again. Me, I need more time. DS has whooped my behind.;)

g-mama
01-03-2009, 10:39 AM
We have three boys and we are done.

My dh would have one or two more but I feel there is enough chaos in our house as it is. :)

SnuggleBuggles
01-03-2009, 10:41 AM
2 and done here. It took me 5+ years to be ready for the 2nd one. I know for sure I am not ready for more now and I really don't ever expect to have more kids. Dh and I are both very happy with our family size.

Beth

mommylamb
01-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Just one DS now. He's 18 months. We'll probably start TTC in about a year, but 2 is all we want. DH would probably be happy just with DS, but he's happy to have a second as well.

Twoboos
01-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Two DDs. 21mos apart. I sometimes think about a 3rd, but don't know if I can do it again. DH would be ALL OVER having a 3rd, as in we can't even discuss it b/c he would be so excited. But usually I feel like I never recovered from DD2 (who's now 3!).

caleymama
01-03-2009, 10:53 AM
We have 2 DDs - ages 6 and 4. DH and I would both like 1 or 2 more, but my anxiety issues are preventing us from trying again. The stuff we've been through in the past 3 years is not anything we'd like to repeat and I'm not confident I can be pregnant without going crazy (literally). Not sure where we'll go from here, but since I'm 31 and DH is 34 I feel like we have some time to see where our journey takes us.

rlmomto5
01-03-2009, 10:57 AM
I have 5 kids:
DD 19
DD16
DS 15
DS 6
DD 5

Our last two children we adopted from Guatemala. For those of you considering adoption.....do it! And yes...we are finished!

JTsMom
01-03-2009, 10:57 AM
1 boy, 3.5, and we're not done. I would love several more- probably 3 if it were possible, but it's just not going to happen. :( We'll probably stop at 2. Our original plan was to TTC right around Jason's 1st b-day, but he threw us for such a loop with his heart condition and high needs, we knew we wouldn't be able to give him the undivided attention he desperately needed if we had another so soon. Plus, we were just stressed to the max.

Then life just happened- DH went through a massive paycut, we moved out of state, then we were waiting until we bought a house, but there were several issues with the inheritance money we were supposed to use for that, etc. etc. So now, here we are, several years older. I'm 35, and early menopause runs in my family, so the reality is that I will probably only be able to have 1 more baby. Plus, DH is 10 years older than I am, so he's ready to be done ASAP.

Sorry for the long answer to such a simple question. Couldn't help myself. LOL

ast96
01-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Three boys here, ages 6, 4, and 17 months. DH is ready to be done. I might be up for one more. I am giving myself time to decide for sure. I do not do well pregnant (textbook pregnancies, but I gain a lot of weight and I am unhappy the nine months) and that is my biggest hesitancy. I love my little tribe of kids even though they are crazy. I am 34, so I think I have a little bit of time left, but I wouldn't want to be too much older if I did it again just from a physical perspective.

thomma
01-03-2009, 11:20 AM
We have dd and ds who are both 5 1/2. It's not our choice but we're done and I'm finally in a place where I'm okay with that. My reproductive system sucks...can't get or stay pregnant. It took 4 years of treatments including 5 ivfs and multiple m/c to have ds and dd who were born 10 weeks early. Oh, and I'm 41 (and a 1/2...gulp). :)

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

Momof3Labs
01-03-2009, 11:29 AM
DS1 is 6yo and DS2 will be 3yo in Feb. Twins on the way. We waffled between 2 and 3 kids, and finally decided to try for #3. We got a bonus in the process that I'm still trying to comprehend!

After this, we are DONE!!

Melaine
01-03-2009, 11:49 AM
I also fear that I might have twins again. Dear god, I don't know what I would do.

One of my greatest fears in the world! I hear ya, Mama!

kedss
01-03-2009, 12:10 PM
2, one DS, now 5 and one DD, 6 months. I'm done...as far as I know. :)

misshollygolightly
01-03-2009, 12:16 PM
One 6 mo DS. And after the night we had last night, I think that's plenty for now. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep...don't think he got much more.

mecawa
01-03-2009, 12:17 PM
We have:
1 girl, age 4
1 girl on the way (sometime in the next 3 weeks)

I don't feel done yet. We would both like to have at least one more, but who knows I could change my mind once DD#2 gets here.

mariza
01-03-2009, 12:26 PM
1 DD age 4 and DS age 2. I would like another, but at 35 and 80lbs overweight from the last 2, I don't think it will happen. I would like to lose the weight before getting pg again, but that will take a long time and by then my 2 will be older and baby days will be a distant memory. It sucks because DH was against #3 and now he is starting to reconsider. I better go turn on an exercise video :)

schums
01-03-2009, 12:46 PM
We've got 2:
DS is almost 7 (OMG! When did this happen?)
DD is 5

We are totally done. As in, if I get pregnant again, they'll be talking me down from the roof of the highest building I can find. I always knew I was only having 2. DH originally wanted a bigger family, so the compromise was that we'd look into adoption once our kids are older (like close to 10) and adopt an older child (like 5 or 6 years) so we wouldn't be going through the baby stuff. Not even sure we'll be looking into that, as we both feel our family is done.

pinkmomagain
01-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Three beautiful girls and we are done.

lmwbasye
01-03-2009, 01:34 PM
We currently have two:

DS1 is 4
DS2 is 15 months today

I have always wanted 4 and so does DH but this deployment and DS1 have kicked my butt. I still think I want the 4, but I'm surprised to find that I've wavered on some days. Overall, though, I believe we'll be trying for another once he gets back in April and then probably the 4th soon after.

spunkybaby
01-03-2009, 01:41 PM
my sunshine. My light.

Graciebellesmomma--so sorry for your loss--big hugs to you! I'm glad that you have found comfort in your DD.

As for us, we have two DDs. Older one is 4 (almost 5) and the younger one just turned 2. DH and I are both completely done. Pregnancy is no fun for me (I become immensely swollen), and both girls were difficult babies. DD2 is potty-training now, and I am looking forward to saying good-bye to diapers once and for all! We feel blessed, but life is crazy, and we're done!

Sillygirl
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Two boys, 4 and almost 2. DH really would like a girl, either bio or adopted. I am not crazy about the idea of being pregnant again, fitting pregnancy/ BFing into my work life, or adopting. But I have been starting to waver a little. . .

bcafe
01-03-2009, 03:21 PM
We have 5:
19 DD
17 DS
6 DD
3 DS
6mth DS

I could have another, DH on the other hand...........I love being pg and had a wonderful water birth with our last little guy. Next I would do a home/water birth.

scoop22
01-03-2009, 03:24 PM
2 boys. i am happy and content being the only girl of the family!!
after ds2.. i love him dearly but he is needy.. we are done unless there is another plan for us! i love my family of 4..

KBecks
01-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Three girls--11, 6.5 and 4.

We're done. But if someone dropped a baby on my doorstep, I wouldn't turn it away....

I agree about the baby on the doorstep. We have 3 boys, details in my sig.

ThreeofUs
01-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Two boys, H and G. I'm done being pregnant, but would love to adopt some little one still.

maestramommy
01-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Dora 3
Arwyn 19 mo
And one on the way. Assuming God willing, it all works out, we are DONE after this one. :D

brittone2
01-03-2009, 05:46 PM
DS is almost 5, DD is newly 2.

I don't feel done yet, but I'm not sure I'd be able to have a third biologically or not due to IF issues. In some ways I think staying w/ 2 would be nice, but I love pregnancy/birth, etc. and would really like to do it again.

We also are considering fostering or adopting down the road, but we are nowhere near the point where we are moving forward with that.

srhs
01-03-2009, 06:01 PM
We have DS, 8 mos old
and
2 + (or | | ) preg tests--looking at end of Aug.

I'm pretty spooked about the close ages because I just thought I would be better at this, honestly. DH and I decided, though, based on our/his age, "If we're going to do this, we're going to do this!"
If I was better at childbirth and babymommyhood, I'd love a full house, I think!
I've been praying off and on for years that an adoption "bug" will bite DH, so maybe that's in our future, dunno.

I realize I totally contradicted myself here. Story of my life!

wolverine2
01-03-2009, 06:49 PM
We have two boys- 4 and 12 mo. I always thought I only wanted two, but I'm starting to be wistful about having one more. DH would be all for it, but our circumstances would probably need to change first. If DH could have a full time job and I could mostly home instead of the other way around, we'd go for it. I'm almost 37 and it would have to be soon- I'm tired. I've also had 2 mc's, so we would also consider adoption, except that we couldn't afford it. If we end up with 2, I'll still be very happy.

HIU8
01-03-2009, 07:30 PM
We have a 4 yr old DS and 18 month DD. I would like 1 more. However, DH is 45 and I am 38 and DH has said no way he is DONE absolutely. Right now the subject is raw between us b/c I am truly not DONE. I want to foster or adopt if DH won't go biological. We shall see.

hillview
01-03-2009, 09:40 PM
DS #1 is 3.5 and DS #2 is 16 months. We are DONE.

Going from 1 to 2 was really REALLY hard on us/our relationship (it is getting better now). Also DS #2 needed brain surgery last December (12 months ago) which was really hard on us all -- thankfully he is doing great! DH is in his late 40s which is also a consideration.

We are done and happily complete.
/hillary

aa2mama
01-03-2009, 09:50 PM
We have two children:

5yo DS
22mo DD

We both think that we're done but that said, we're keeping our options open. I like knowing that I can change my mind!

turtledove
01-03-2009, 10:06 PM
We have one DD who will be 3 in March. I definitely want 1 or 2 more, DH would like 1 more. We will see what is in the cards.

Cam&Clay
01-03-2009, 11:53 PM
I have two DS with a big age gap (different marriages). One is 10 years old and the other turned 1 last week. I am done, but DH wants one more. I am pushing 40, so it would have to be soon, and frankly we can't afford to have two in daycare. I think he will realize that #3 isn't going to happen. Besides, I really don't do pregnancy well.

DS1 and I were alone for so long, but now that DS2 is here, we cannot imagine life without him. He is absolutely delightful!

firstbaby
01-04-2009, 12:18 AM
2 DS's - oldest is almost 5, younger one will be 3 in the spring.

I WANT another one really really badly. But, our youngest I believe would benefit from being a bit older before another baby enters the picture, DS1 will be homeschooled starting in the fall, and we're hoping I'll be home FT soon. So, there are a lot of moving parts right now so I don't feel like I can throw caution to the wind :)

I always thought I would have only 2 children and within seconds of having DS2, I told DH we were going to have another one. I also always thought I would want a daughter, but now I feel like I am a total boy mom and it would be strange (but fun) to parent a little girl after 5 years of trains, slime, mud, etc.

ShanaMama
01-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Two girls here, one 4 years old and one almost 6 months old. Would love another (either gender, really, but I had a dream once that I'd have three girls) and DH seems on board with the idea...in a few years.

Actually, I think maybe we'd been home with DD2 for all of two days when I said something like "let's do this again!" and DH looked at me like he was considering calling the guys who come with the coats that tie in the back. Once I assured him I didn't mean right now he was a little less concerned with my mental health. ;)

Sarah :)

Too funny! We have two girls also, ages 3.5 and 5 months. The more comfortable I get with motherhood, the more I want to have a lot of kids. However, I do not have easy pregnancies. So we are taking things one step at a time. After DD2 was born I seriously toyed with the idea of not going on any birth control. I was so high on having a baby I was ready for another! DH talked some sense into me and I got another IUD. I have since landed from the babymoon and could not even imagine coping if I was currently pregnant. I do want to have more kids, though. Three year spacing worked very well for us. I am pretty big into seeing how life treats us and making decisions as time goes on, rather than a 'life plan' that we need to stick to.

salsah
01-04-2009, 02:42 AM
dd1 is almost 4 and dd2 is almost 18 months.
dh definitely wants one more. actually, if it wasn't for the fact that i have had 2 c-sections already, he would want more.
i was done after dd1 because the first year after we had her was miserable. but because i always wanted to have a large family, we decided to have another. after dd2, i couldn't wait to have a third. but recently, i feel done. i want to move on with my life.

momtoonegirl
01-04-2009, 03:59 AM
We have one girl, almost 3 years old.

DH and I would like to have one more :praying:.

niccig
01-04-2009, 04:07 AM
This is exactly how I feel after my one. DD is about 20mos. I am so glad I have her but I have no desire right now for a second. I am leaving the door open that I may feel differently when she is 4 or 5, but right now I like it just how it is.

So far, I think I am the only poster who just wants one. It's a weird place to be when most people I know IRL and online are having 2+. But this is what works for us for now so I am happy with my decision.

This is DH and I. We feel happy as we are with DS. The door is open for another child, but I don't know if we'll do it or not. DS is 4 yo and we still haven't decided.

shilo
01-04-2009, 04:25 AM
mommy of 2 boys, 3.5yrs and 2mos. i'm closed for business.

i feel like i've always known i'd be the mom of 2 boys. but i also feel like i've always been open to the idea of fostering or adopting another somewhere down the line too. i guess i feel like i'll just know if it's meant to be when/if that time comes.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-04-2009, 12:03 PM
We have a son who will be 18 years old next month, and a daughter who will be 6 in March. We are in the process of adopting a baby girl who we hope to bring home this spring when she will be about 6 months old.

I think we will be done after that since I am 46 and too old to have a biological baby or qualify for an adoption from most countries.

Since I was a little girl, I always wanted three kids, so I guess I followed my plan. I just didn't know it would take 18 years to complete!

ritacheetah
01-04-2009, 12:15 PM
DD1 - 5
DD2 - 20 mos.

More than done.

elliput
01-04-2009, 12:29 PM
DD is almost 4 yo.
DS is 3 mo.

I really would have liked to have had three kids, but at the rate I am going I'd be in my mid-40's by the time the next one came around. I do believe we are done here. DH's is of the two kids mindset. He is from a family of 2 kids, and I am from a family of 3 kids. LOL!

almostmom
01-04-2009, 12:31 PM
DS - 5, and DD - 3. We are done. Our family feels complete and full. We both always wanted 2, can't afford more (can hardly afford these ones!), and are excited to move on with life to a place where we can easily bring our kids along on adventures like hiking and camping. Our moms keep bugging me about having another, but I just don't feel a strong need or desire for it. Being pregnant (and going through natural childbirth) is super special, but it didn't treat me as well as I like to imagine. We won't do any surgeries or anything, but I think only in the face of some sort of tragedy would we have another DC (that's what my parents did when my brother died). Not meaning to sound morbid, just being realistic in the face or irreversible options!

I do look at big families and think the whole tribe thing is pretty cool and fun. But I feel like we have that now to some extent, and I was never good at bringing the young ones places - I liked to avoid possible difficult baby situations, so I ended up staying home a lot! Now we are finally doing things which is really fun.

brittone2
01-04-2009, 12:31 PM
We have a son who will be 18 years old next month, and a daughter who will be 6 in March. We are in the process of adopting a baby girl who we hope to bring home this spring when she will be about 6 months old.

I think we will be done after that since I am 46 and too old to have a biological baby or qualify for an adoption from most countries.

Since I was a little girl, I always wanted three kids, so I guess I followed my plan. I just didn't know it would take 18 years to complete!

Congratulations on your journey toward 3, Karen!! Good to see you around! Please keep us posted on how things are going!

jk3
01-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Almost 3. We will be happily done with #3!

strollerqueen
01-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Three for now~ ;) DD is 10, DS 1 is 7, DS 2 is 9 months!

caleymama
01-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Congratulations on your journey toward 3, Karen!! Good to see you around! Please keep us posted on how things are going!
:yeahthat:

I can't believe your DS is going to be 18! It seems like just a minute ago your DD (and my DD1) were babies and your DS was barely a teenager - way back when I first started reading the boards . . .

crayonblue
01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Two girls, ages 5 and 2.5. The 5 year old is biological; the 2.5 year old is adopted. We are starting the adoption process again. :) We shall see what happens. We hope to someday have another biological child but are concerned about going through a high risk pregnancy while caring for our 2.5 year old who is terminally ill.

elliput
01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
You just don't want to give up strollers!

clc053103
01-04-2009, 07:44 PM
one and DONE!

DS is 3 1/2. He's a wildman- we were pretty sure before that he was it, but now after dealing with a 3 1/2 year old, we are positive!!! I also hated being pregnant. I was nauseous for 18 weeks, fat as a house, fell down the stairs (and various other places), ate 14 tums a day for chronic heartburn, passed a kidney stone, and ended up preeclamptic with an emergency c/s. The thought of doing that all again- YIKES.

alexsmommy
01-04-2009, 07:51 PM
We are starting the adoption process again. :) We shall see what happens.

Congrats on this decision! How wonderful.

fivi2
01-04-2009, 08:35 PM
twin girls - just turned 3.

We are currently discussing the possibility of adding a third. I think we will, but we both still have a few hesitations. I did not feel ready to even think about it until a few months ago!

brittone2
01-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Two girls, ages 5 and 2.5. The 5 year old is biological; the 2.5 year old is adopted. We are starting the adoption process again. :) We shall see what happens. We hope to someday have another biological child but are concerned about going through a high risk pregnancy while caring for our 2.5 year old who is terminally ill.

Congratulations Lana!

g-mama
01-04-2009, 08:46 PM

Congratulations, Lana. That's wonderful news.

Lovingliv
01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
We have 2...Liv is almost 4 and Tess is almost 2.
I would love to have 2 more....but some days I feel as though I am done.
Maybe one more? It is such a hard decision to make......

happymomma
01-04-2009, 09:25 PM
I have 2.
DS is 5 1/2 years old
DD is almost 3

We are DONE! I am terrible being pregnant. Was nauseous the first 3 months for both pregnancies. Don't miss the newborn phase either. DH feels done too. We haven't done any surgeries to make sure that we are done because I'm worried that one day I might change my mind. I am 33 right now.

carolinamama
01-04-2009, 10:24 PM
We have two kids - a 3 year old and a 3 month old. Both are boys.

I've always wanted 3 kids since I grew up in a household of 3. DH only has one sibling, thus he only wants two kids. He would have a v tomorrow. My second pregnancy was awful and I birthed an 11 lb baby the natural way. My body took a beating. Couldn't walk for a few weeks after that one. Would still do it all over again at least one more time. So I am working on DH because I just don't feel finished.

giavila
01-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Two and one on the way. All girls.

DD1 - 4.5
DD2 - 2
DD3 - due in March

We are done!

Octobermommy
01-04-2009, 11:45 PM
I have a 4 yr old dd (bio) and a 1 yr old ds who is adopted. Too many infertility treatments to list and 4 m/c. That said, I LOVED being pregnant and want to experience that again. I started out wanting 5, then 4 and now I just hope and pray I can have 3. But ds is quite the handful and I don't know if I could handle another one. Time will tell. My cut off is in 3 years.