PDA

View Full Version : Baby Gear Rental in London (UK)

GoBlue
01-03-2009, 11:16 AM
We're thinking about going to a friend's wedding in London when soon-to-be-baby will be about 4 months old. I found a bunch of websites where you can rent baby gear, which would be great, and would save us from dragging the Pack-n-Play and a stroller across the Altantic (you can rent car seats, too, but I'll bring my own for that......can't know if their carseats were in accidents, etc, and I'll know how to install my own by then). There seem to be a lot of choices of rental companies. Anyone have a recommendation? All I want is a pack-n-play equivalent and a stroller that will tolerate cobblestones.

Thanks!

niccig
01-04-2009, 03:48 AM
Can't help with companies, but I would suggest taking your stroller and gate checking it. We travel internationally at least once a year, and have gotten delayed in airport terminals. No stroller means you're carrying your child for a few hours in the airport. Friends got stuck for 7 hours at SFO before Christmas. It will also mean one less thing to rent and I'm sure rent in GBP can add up quickly. Also, if you're staying at a hotel, many have pack n plays or porta-cribs (same thing as a PNP). I would take my own sheet and blanket for DS to use.
HTH