PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy baskets?

Mermanaid
01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm in the throes of a full scale reno on our playroom. We went to IKEA yesterday and bought an expedit. But, they were out of baskets (of any type that) would fit it. Now I am on a mission. Where can I find baskets online that I can order? I think I would prefer wicker/rattan but also consider canvas if I can find a good price/the right look.

ETA: The branas basket at IKEA is the size I'm looking for. Roughly 13x14x13. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/77439212

TIA!
Jenn

bluestarfish18
01-03-2009, 02:34 PM
We have the same ones...

I've found similar ones I'm pretty sure you can get online at Cost Plus World Martket, Pier 1 Imports and Michaels (don't think they have them online). I ended up getting some nice ones with fabric linig from Pier 1 for less than $10 each.

Mermanaid
01-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks to both of you for your help. I sucked it up yesterday and went to Garden Ridge, World Market and Pier 1 with two kids in tow. No luck. So, I was double checking inventory @ Ikea last night and lo and behold they had them. I called this AM to double check and found out they received a shipment of 100 baskets yesterday afternoon. Lucky me! I trekked out with my 18mo early this AM and reduced their inventory by 10.

I really think I would have preferred canvas but I really wanted something with structure that would fill up most of the expedit cubby. Couldn't find anything I liked that would have worked.