PDA

View Full Version : Cautiously optimistic re: DS and *real* bed

sidmand
01-03-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm thinking I'm being naive here to think this is working, but...

While DS and DH were out sledding today I had the *brilliant* idea to move a twin bed from DD's room into DS's room and move all the furniture around (I like to do it by myself when DH leaves for some reason!).

I left his crib in his room, just in case, but moved it to the other side of the room and put the bed where his crib used to be (it's not a huge room, so there's pretty much not enough space for much of anything else right now though).

DS is a creature of habit. And I know he's old for still being in a crib, but he's very young for his age and so far hasn't minded, nor has he tried to get out, but it seemed like we should move him to a bed. Plus he's pretty darn big for the crib.

As soon as he saw it he said, "I like bed." Okay, sounds good. He just went for a nap in his bed (I offered the crib or the bed) without a show or story too (he often gets one or both at nap and/or bedtime). I lay down with him for a couple of minutes, but then I told him I was leaving. So far I think he's still asleep there! I'm shocked. But hopeful :)

Later we'll go let him pick out some bedding too. Maybe this will work :) I guess I just didn't expect it to work because I'm also just coming off PT (busy vacation!) which didn't work out as well. I was trying the PT in a day and he learned very quickly that he got to eat the doll's treat if "baby" went potty. Baby has to go potty an awful lot. Not so much for DS yet.