PDA

View Full Version : Quinny Buzz 4 - Hard to fold???

amldaley
01-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Argh. After my high exceitement just before Chrstmas and all my crazy posts, the Quinny Buzz 4 arrived Friday night. Dh assembled it and we let air out yesterday. Now I have spent the last two hours playing it with it and I am MAD.

It is cool to look at and the suspension and steering are nice. But how is a girl of 5'1" supposed to fold this beast??????

The mechanisms to fold are HARD to push - my hand just barely gets around them and it takes every bit of hand strength to work them, then I have to brace my shin against the front bar and LAY on the thing to get to fold.

It is wholly impractical for short people!!!!!

Anyone else have this experience?

Any advice? Will these loosen w/ time? or get worse?

I can return it minus shipping (pretty penny) or try to sell myself (I got a good deal on it, so could probably sell OK.

Help! Please! DH is TICKED OFF b/c it was so expensive in the first place.

mickel
01-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with it. My brother and sister-in-law are visiting and I feel in love with the Quinny Buzz too but noted it was difficult to fold (I am 5'3"). I don't have much advice but am also in North Carolina and looking for a deal on these. Can you tell me where you got yours or if you are interested in selling yours?

Thanks and hope it works out for you!

amldaley
01-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with it. My brother and sister-in-law are visiting and I feel in love with the Quinny Buzz too but noted it was difficult to fold (I am 5'3"). I don't have much advice but am also in North Carolina and looking for a deal on these. Can you tell me where you got yours or if you are interested in selling yours?

Thanks and hope it works out for you!

I will send you a PM

---

eta: you don't have Private Messages set up in your account. Pls send me a message and we can discuss.

nizee
01-04-2009, 02:49 PM
amldaley,

If you decided to sell it off, i may be interested.
Do let me know.

lorinick
01-04-2009, 03:13 PM
No advise. It is an attractive stroller. But not practical in the least. Folding is a nightmare I agree.

WatchingThemGrow
01-04-2009, 03:23 PM
WAIT!!! Did you watch this video on You Tube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBsBFZx4dag The woman makes it look so simple to fold it. You have to take the seat off, just like the Bugaboo and such. She does it w/o grunting or anything, and she says she's 5'2.

Watch it if you haven't already and see if that helps.

How do you like the color?

amldaley
01-04-2009, 03:30 PM
WAIT!!! Did you watch this video on You Tube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBsBFZx4dag The woman makes it look so simple to fold it. You have to take the seat off, just like the Bugaboo and such. She does it w/o grunting or anything, and she says she's 5'2.

Watch it if you haven't already and see if that helps.

How do you like the color?

Going to go watch the video now!

Yes, the color is great! Less "acidic" than I thought and alot more of the dark green accents are visible than I thought. It is a good looking stroller!

mickel
01-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I just got the scoop from my sister-in-law and played around with her QB4 this afternoon. First, she said when she was pregnant she found it very hard to fold down in part because she had to stand in front of the stroller to do so. But after the baby arrived she began folding it down from the side and says it is much easier. I practiced a few times and found it hard alright but not impossible. I hope it is indeed easier from the side as I just love this stroller and actually have talked my husband into it - no small feat as we have a hand me down Graco that is practically new from my sister.

Also, we took the QB4 to a busy mall today and I couldn't believe how easy it was to manuever and how lite it feels even with an 18 pound six month old snoozing away inside. I so am interested in buying one (possibly yours) but I also hope this post helps as I know you did a ton of research before buying yours. Has your husband tried it? Did he find it difficult? My in-laws are from Ireland and rave about theirs, especially on the cobblestone streets and smaller grocery store aisles.

I'll PM you:) Mickel

mickel
01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Uh oh! I just received this message....can you email me at my yahoo account instead? [email protected]

__________________________________________________ ________

mickel, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to send a PM, you may not have enough posts to do so. Private Messaging is restricted for your first few posts. Keep participating in the forums, and soon you will have access to this feature.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
__________________________________________________ ___

amldaley
01-04-2009, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=mickel]Uh oh! I just received this message....can you email me at my yahoo account instead? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/QUOTE=mickel]

I'll e-mail you!!!! I am NAK right now, but will be in touch soon. :)

amldaley
01-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Uh oh! I just received this message....can you email me at my yahoo account instead? [email protected]

__________________________________________________ ________

mickel, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to send a PM, you may not have enough posts to do so. Private Messaging is restricted for your first few posts. Keep participating in the forums, and soon you will have access to this feature.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
__________________________________________________ ___

I sent you an e-mail...may I recommend you return to your reply and edit your e-mail addy out of it??? Just for safety sake :)