PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for our pregnant moms!

SnuggleBuggles
01-04-2009, 12:10 PM
It looks like there are a lot of new babies on the way!! Here's a little thread for you to check in and be known. :)

A few questions for you:
-How far along are you?
-What # child is this?
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other?
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first
-How are you feeling?
-Are you feeling ready?
-Anything left to buy?
-Anything else you would like to share?

KarenLud
01-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Fun! I'm not newly pregnant..but I'm pretty new to the boards!

A few questions for you:
-How far along are you? 23 weeks
-What # child is this?first!
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? BOY!!
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your firstn/a but we'd like to have our kids fairly close in age so I anticipate another in the next 2 years
-How are you feeling? feeling pretty good. some minor aches and pains but nothing significant
-Are you feeling ready? Kind of. I'm excited to meet our LO but we haven't registered or even cleaned out the nursery yet!
-Anything left to buy? um, yeah..everything!
-Anything else you would like to share? I'm so happy to have found this forum..best one I've found for not only baby items but parenting and everything else I can imagine!

elektra
01-04-2009, 03:12 PM
-How far along are you? 21 weeks
-What # child is this? #2
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? Boy
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first 26 months
-How are you feeling? great- past the morning sickness but not too huge yet.
-Are you feeling ready? No
-Anything left to buy? Everything!
-Anything else you would like to share? We are nowhere on names, furniture, everything! I think we were sort of waiting until after Christmas to get down to business with all that stuff. Time to kick in into gear.

missliss55
01-04-2009, 03:48 PM
A few questions for you:
-How far along are you?
13 weeks
-What # child is this?
3 and 4
Dying to find out.
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first:
DD#1 is 5 1/2 and DD#2 is 3 1/2. There will be an almost 4 year gap between #2 and the twins.
-How are you feeling?
TIRED.
-Are you feeling ready?
For twins...no way. :-)
-Anything left to buy?
1 crib and 1 car seat to start with. Luckily we have all the stuff for #1 and #2 and friends are lending us the rest.
Still in shock that I am going to have 4 kiddos. :-)

WatchingThemGrow
01-04-2009, 04:06 PM
-How far along are you?I forget- but the babycenter email says 18 weeks. How sad is it that I don't know!
-What # child is this? Third and final, I assume
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other?Well... we had decide to wait since I got caught up in that thread about not finding out. HOWEVER, I decided yesterday I JUST can't do it. I need to know whose clothes I can pull out of the attic and sell, whose room the baby will go into, and narrow down names for just one gender. I'm too much of a planner and have too many other constraints to wait and find out. We find out this Friday.
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first Way too close. The "big kid" will be 36 months old and the middle one will be 18 mos. when the baby is born, LOL :hysterical:
-How are you feeling? SO much better now that the nausea is gone. HUGE since this is the 3rd pg in 37 mos. Emotionally..a little scared, but generally happy, excited and thankful.
-Are you feeling ready? I have empty boxes ready to sort/sell unusable clothing, and we have the other crib being stored at the neighbor's house. I want to stock up on diapers and fill up MIL's freezer(for us), but then I realize the baby is due in JUNE, not February.
-Anything left to buy? probably not, but I'm sure I'll find something!
-Anything else you would like to share? Seems like so many others have gotten a BFP lately, so I look forward to reading about them. I, too, am thankful for the wise counsel of the members here. Really, I feel like I can get sound advice about SO much stuff here. It saves my sanity, which makes me :boogie:

cdlamis
01-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Fun! I keep forgetting who else is preggos.

A few questions for you:
-How far along are you? approx 31 weeks
-What # child is this? #3
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? 3rd girl!
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first. 4 yrs between #2 and #3
-How are you feeling? Great but my belly is ready to pop. I have gained all my weight in the belly alone.
-Are you feeling ready? Kind of
-Anything left to buy? Nothing- just my cloth diaper stash.
-Anything else you would like to share?[/quote]

maestramommy
01-04-2009, 04:18 PM
It looks like there are a lot of new babies on the way!! Here's a little thread for you to check in and be known. :)

A few questions for you:
-How far along are you?
-What # child is this?
-How are you feeling?
-Are you feeling ready?
-Anything left to buy?

I was 15 weeks this past Friday
I'm going to find out the gender
#3 will be 25 months younger than Arwyn, so the gap will be a wee bit bigger this time.
I'm feeling okay most of the time, except for this wretched afternoon indigestion
Still a long ways off, so I'm feeling ready
I'm not buying a single thing unless we end up having a boy
Nothing to share just yet;)

SpaceGal
01-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Oh neat!! I'll join in...

A few questions for you:
-How far along are you?
36 weeks

-What # child is this?

Girl

All my kids are about 2 year apart, give or take a few weeks, plus they are all within a month of each other...boy they are going to hate shared birthday parties.

-How are you feeling?
Tired...but soo glad the holidays are over now. My tailbone is killing so I'm dreading labor now.

-Are you feeling ready?
Not really...I'm mentally ready but now I have to get ready ready...like pack my hospital bag, the boys emergency bag in case they have to be dropped off at a friends house and lastly go through all my baby clothes and see what can be used for this baby girl.

-Anything left to buy?
Not really...unless I come across a super great deal I'm pretty much all set I think.

I'm sort of terrified of having a baby girl...but hopefully it won't be too much different than a boy. Just clothes shopping for a girl can be daunting....so much out there compared to boy clothes.

tlw
01-04-2009, 04:51 PM
How far along are you? 11 weeks
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? I think I want to be surprised, but DH says he must know--either way, we can't find out anything for 5 more weeks!
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first 3.5 years
-How are you feeling? Sick!
-Are you feeling ready? Stuff-wise, yes. More concerned over integrating a second DC into our exisiting family.
-Anything left to buy? Diapers...

mrshalco
01-04-2009, 05:05 PM
-How far along are you? 37 weeks on Tuesday
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? SURPRISED :D I can't wait for the surprise - it's the best!
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first - DS will be a few months shy of 5
-How are you feeling? TIRED - and big
-Are you feeling ready? as ready as I will be probably LOL
-Anything left to buy? Just the small stuff - new towels, facecloths, soap, detergent, etc.

eliasmom
01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
-How far along are you? 19 weeks
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? Hoping to find out since DH cannot stand to not know
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first: almost exactly 3 yrs
-How are you feeling? Tired, but good. Sort of cranky, though. ;)
-Are you feeling ready? Sort of.
-Anything left to buy? Oh yeah. We need a new infant car seat because we borrowed my sister's last time & it has since expired. Oh, and a house.
-Anything else you would like to share? I still haven't told work - I work for a bunch of clueless men. They must just think I have pigged out from Thanksgiving on. :hysterical:

bluestarfish18
01-04-2009, 05:15 PM
few questions for you:
-How far along are you? I feel terrible, but with baby #1, I was completely on track with how far I was and everything, now with baby #2, I'm very forgetful that I'm even pregnant sometimes! I think I'm around 30 weeks?
-What # child is this?Big baby #2...out of maybe 4
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other?This time around it's a girl. I can't even dress myself, how can I be expected to dress another female?!
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your firstA whole whopping 11 1/2 months...definately going to Mirena after this one!!;)
-How are you feeling? My boobs feel like a steamroller is running over them, plus my back is killing me, but I'm not one to complain and sit on the sidelines.
-Are you feeling ready? To take care of 2 infants?! Heck No!
-Anything left to buy?Since our house is tiny, we have to really start thinking about a Snuggle Nest. Fortunately, we have most of the clothes.
-Anything else you would like to share? Anyone want to babysit?:)

3blackcats
01-04-2009, 06:11 PM
-How far along are you? 25 weeks
-What # child is this? 1
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surprised, dying to find out asap, or other? It'll be a surprise!
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first This is our first
-How are you feeling? Really good
-Are you feeling ready? Yes, I think so.
-Anything left to buy? Don't know, my shower is next month, ask me then ;)
-Anything else you would like to share? not right now

srhs
01-04-2009, 06:30 PM
-How far along are you? a whopping 6 weeks
What # child is this? 2
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? plan to find out...just asked DH...yep
Age gap between kids if this isn't your first 17 mos. yowsers! Did I mention we don't live near any family help?
How are you feeling? physically: so far, so good but no more delaying breakfast!
emotionally: nervous and surreal
-Are you feeling ready? too soon for that...haven't even told anyone IRL yet!!! I don't even know when we will. Any good stories on revealing the news? I'm thinking of taking a photo of DS in a Big Bro shirt and emailing it out. What do you think? Too impersonal? Other ideas?
Anything left to buy? A new house with a lot more room? Seriously, I want a cosleeper and miracle blanket. We also need more NB clothes as DS lived in since-returned loaners.
-Anything else you would like to share? Thanks for starting this thread. :D I :heartbeat: the BBB!

willow33
01-04-2009, 06:35 PM
A few questions for you:
-How far along are you? 25 weeks!!

-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? A girl after 2 boys :)

-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first: boys will be 6 & 4 when she's born

-How are you feeling? Good right now...just as long as my kidney stone issues don't return...that was miserable

-Are you feeling ready? Definitely ready :) I can't wait to meet her!!

-Anything left to buy? Not really. I bought a new safeseat for her. Maybe a bouncy seat and some cloth diapers, etc...

-Anything else you would like to share? Just so excited that baby #3 is a little girl as this will be our last child :)

Sugar Magnolia
01-04-2009, 06:48 PM
How far along are you?
14ish weeks, I have a hard time keeping track!

What # child is this?
Fourth

Boy, girl, choosing to be surprised, dying to find out asap, or other?
Not dying to know, but we will find out. Dh hates surprises.

Age gap between kids if this isn't your first
Ds1 will be 8, ds2 5, and dd will be 3

How are you feeling?
Not great. I have hyperemesis and borderline high blood pressure.

Are you feeling ready?
I want to have our little house super organized by the time this baby comes. I am well on my way.

Anything left to buy?
Everything

Anything else you would like to share?
Despite feeling awful this time around, I am super excited for this baby. I really can't wait for dd to be a big sister. She is so excited for a baby that she has asked for a new stroller for the baby for her birthday!

wifecat
01-04-2009, 07:04 PM
A few questions for you:

-What # child is this? #1

-Boy, girl, choosing to be surprised, dying to find out asap, or other? girl

-How are you feeling? still nauseous (fun!) and tired

-Are you feeling ready? we're getting there!

-Anything left to buy? we're still waiting on all the stuff we registered for (shower's in Feb.), but we have all the main/big items already

-Anything else you would like to share? I can't wait until April! :yay:

CKConz
01-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Fun!

-How far along are you? 34 weeks
-What # child is this? first one!!!!
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? SURPRISE!!
-How are you feeling? depends on the day...sometimes I feel amazing, other times as if I've been hit by a bus!
-Are you feeling ready? not even close..LOL
-Anything left to buy? definitely..but hopefully there's a baby shower in the near future which will solve that ;)

trentsmom
01-04-2009, 08:38 PM
-How far along are you? 19 weeks (couldn't remember and had to check babycenter!
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surpised, dying to find out asap, or other? ultrasound on Jan 19. Hopefully baby will cooperate.
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first 5.5 years
-How are you feeling? Pretty good so far! Starting to get some heartburn
-Are you feeling ready? No. It's been so long since I've had an infant!
-Anything left to buy? I need to check the exp date on my infant seat to see if I need a new one; diapers; swaddling blankets; replacement pump parts

gobadgers
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for starting this thread OP, what fun to hear about everyone's progress!

-How far along are you?
19 weeks
-What # child is this?
I had to have an early ultrasound, where they said 80% boy already. Hopefully I'll get some better odds in a couple weeks for the 20 week.
21 months (closer than we intended - I was banking on all those months of trying again!)
-How are you feeling?
MUCH better after 15 weeks. My belly is popping already though, I don't remember wearing maternity pants this early the first time around...
-Are you feeling ready?
I think it will hit me later on, how unprepared we are :-) Right now it's just a concept
-Anything left to buy?
Yes, a new house! We might be crazy but we're going to try to sell our condo next spring/summer and move into a house. Yeah, we thought we'd have a little more time... :-)
How happy I am to have found this board!

JMS
01-04-2009, 09:02 PM
-How far along are you?
30 weeks today!

-What # child is this?
#3, and this IS IT!

This is another boy! I have an almost 5yo DD and my DS1 just turned 3

-How are you feeling?
I feel old, fat and tired but otherwise ok :) I have a lot of round ligament pain this time so I need to take it easy which isn't always possible.

-Are you feeling ready?
I'll feel ready when I have the nursery cleaned out and set up. I'm doing hypnobabies and would love to feel like it's clicking for me a couple weeks before the baby arrives.

-Anything left to buy?
I think the only thing I have left to buy is a new infant car seat. Otherwise, I hope I'm all set.

My brain is too mommy-mushy to even think about anything to share. If something comes up, I'll edit my post later.

Good Luck to everyone!

neeleymartin
01-04-2009, 09:07 PM
been on the boards on and off for the last two years, since i became pregnant with ds 1. amazing amounts of sage advice has been received.

A few questions for you:
-What # child is this? 2nd
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? BOY!!, yeah. was hoping for a girl the first time around and couldn't be happier than i am with my boy. i am truly a boy mom and am SO thrilled to be having a second.
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first. 22 months
-How are you feeling? other than intense heartburn, great. sleep is better this time around. i am sure that the exhaustion of having an 18month old helps with that.
-Are you feeling ready? bring it on.
-Anything left to buy? we have some minor things that we want to update from ds1 (switching from glass to dr. brown bpa free, etc), but well prepared otherwise.
-Anything else you would like to share? #2 will be our final unless god has a hand in a third. two is our number. hoping for a short labor that starts on it's own. ds 1 was induced 2 weeks past edd, on a wednesday and delivered on saturday. active labor was about 12 hours, the rest was just waiting, the worst!!! my doc was great. he really wanted a vaginal delivery for me and insisted that i keep going. failure to progress and all, ds was delivered vaginally!!! YEAH!!!

hellokitty
01-04-2009, 09:15 PM
-How far along are you? 11 wks

-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? We plan to find out.

-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first. My oldest two are only 18 mo apart. This baby will be almost 4 yrs apart from my youngest. I am really looking forward to it, I think it will be more manageable this time around. I felt like pulling my hair out when I had my first two only 18 mo apart.

-How are you feeling? Bad, I have nausea and vomiting that lasts for the entire pregnancy, and once again, this pregnancy is the same, but somehow maybe even worse than my first two pregnancies. I'm already on unisom/B6 and Zofran, it helps a little bit, but I still throw up about 2x a day, which is an improvement, but it still sucks. I'm not one of those women who enjoys being pregnant, b/c I feel so miserable and can't enjoy my food.

-Are you feeling ready? I really need to do some major de-cluttering before this new baby comes. I am very eager to find out the sex. I kept all of my boys' clothes and if this is a girl, I am getting rid of all the boy stuff. It takes up so much SPACE! However, if we have a boy, then our entire guest room is going to go through an overhaul. It is presently PERFECT for a girl, including the beautiful PBK daybed, which I don't know what I will do with if we have a boy, since it's definitely a girly bed.

-Anything left to buy? In terms of baby gear, the biggie is a new infant car seat. I am not sure if I am going to get the swing, bouncy and all of that this time around or not. I had gotten rid of some of those items a couple of yrs ago, b/c we thought we were finished having babies. I am looking forward to using my baby slings again. :) Of course, if I am having a girl this time, she will need a whole new wardrobe. I already have a crib set, b/c I always thought I would have a girl, so bought one that I fell in love with before I had kids.

-Anything else you would like to share? I'm really nervous this time around about the well being of the baby. I'm 35 and lately we've had a lot of friends who have had babies with medical issues and special needs. So, I'm really on guard about it right now. I didn't worry this much with my first two pregnancies, I hate that I feel this way.

Melarina
01-04-2009, 09:57 PM
-How far along are you?
-What # child is this?
-How are you feeling?
-Are you feeling ready?
-Anything left to buy?

7 weeks
hoping to find out, it'll be a while though :)
22 months
tiiiiired -- also very plump in the belly area -- DD is 15 months and still nursing once a day, I have always gained weight in the middle but feel like I am still carrying pounds from her pregnancy and already starting to add them with this pregnancy. Wow.
I'm feeling happy and excited about the baby -- I figure I have a while to feel ready!
If it's a girl, nothing to buy until DC#2 needs to be moved from the mini-crib into the big crib. At that point hopefully DD will be able to go into a big kid bed. We'll see. Oh and a double stroller at some point, probably.
I am 37 so I also worry about age-related issues, but I try to tell myself that there is nothing I can do about that and I am so blessed to be pregnant that I need to really treasure this time and not waste it with worry. I suffered from severe anxiety during my first pregnancy so I am on self-imposed restriction from searching online about pregnancy/childbirth/anything scary or worry-provoking :) That's helping a lot so far. Also having DD is so much fun. I had severe postpartum hemorrhage with DD, needed 8 units of blood, so I want to be an advocate for myself and get really good plans in place with my doctors for this time around. I really enjoy this board and all the great people here!

ehlana06
01-05-2009, 09:27 AM
-How far along are you? I'm thinking about 7 weeks now. I wont know for sure until i get to my doctor's appointment on the 20th.
-What # child is this? This will be my first child
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? I can't wait to find out!
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first~
-How are you feeling? I am getting a bit queasy at times but other than that i feel great
-Are you feeling ready? I am totally nervous but very excited
-Anything left to buy? I havent bought anything yet :)

kep
01-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks for asking about all of us. :D

-How far along are you?
30 weeks, 1 day.

-What # child is this?
Baby #3.

-Boy, girl, choosing to be surprised, dying to find out asap, or other?
We are going to be surprised, but I am guessing that it is a little GIRL this time. My gut was right with the first two. ;)

My oldest is 5.5, and my new middle child just turned 2.

-How are you feeling?
Pretty good overall. I have had a ton of "little" things, such as vomiting, heartburn, blah, blah, blah, but nothing that has been terrible so far. Even my heart condition seems to have calmed down somewhat.

-Are you feeling ready?
Almost.

-Anything left to buy?
I am still trying to find a new double stroller (that takes an infant seat), and a new car seat. Oh, and a swing and maybe a bouncer seat.

Good luck, everyone!

mikeys_mom
01-05-2009, 10:46 AM
-How far along are you?

28 weeks

-What # child is this?

#3 and #4

Waiting to be surprised, but with an ultrasound every two weeks, it is really tempting to find out. So far we are still holding out.

DS will be 4.5 years and DD will be just over 2 when the twins arrive. We will be very busy over the next few years!

-How are you feeling?

Enormous, tired, achy and uncomfortable, but very thankful that the pregnancy has been uneventful and no signs yet of these babies coming early.

-Are you feeling ready?

Depends on the day. I think that the reality of having twins will only hit me once they hand me the babies after they are born and I am actually holding two of them.

-Anything left to buy?

We have everything we need for 1, and have managed to borrow most of the larger items that we need two of. Still need to buy a second pack and play and hopefully borrow a second bassinet. We will possibly need more clothes, depending on the genders of the twins.

I am nervous about how we will manage a family of 4 kids that are so close in age and hope that I will have the time and energy to give everyone the attention that they need. I know that in the end it will all work out, but the anticipation of what will be is sometimes difficult.

avd3875
01-05-2009, 12:24 PM
-How far along are you? 30 weeks according to my calculations, 31 according to my OB.
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surrised, dying to find out asap, or other? Girl
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first - 5yrs. 4 mos.
-How are you feeling? I'm doing pretty well. A bit anxious because DS was born at 34 weeks (no warning signs), so as we get closer to that point I am getting more and more nervous.
-Are you feeling ready? Not as ready as I should be.
-Anything left to buy? Carseats and new pump parts.
-Anything else you would like to share? Good luck to all the pregnant moms!

arivecchi
01-05-2009, 01:09 PM
This is really fun! Thanks for staring this thread!

-How far along are you?

36 weeks! Yahoo!

-What # child is this?

Another boy!

2 years, 2 months

-How are you feeling?

Tired, huge, anxious

-Are you feeling ready?

Yes! I want to slim down again - my whole body aches!

-Anything left to buy?

A couple of minor things - we are ready!

Good luck to all the other pregnant mommies out there!

LarsMal
01-05-2009, 02:02 PM
So fun!

-How far along are you?
Hmmm...22 weeks, I think?

-What # child is this?

girl

just under 4 years between DS and DD2 and just under 2 1/2 between DDs.

-How are you feeling?
Pretty good. Tired, but I think that's the holidays catching up with me!

-Are you feeling ready?
Heck no!!! Are you ever ready, though?!

-Anything left to buy?
Is there anything we don't have yet?! DD1 will need a big girl bed when DD2 is ready to move to the crib, but I can't think of anything we need for DD2.

Can't think of anything!

maylips
01-05-2009, 02:36 PM
-How far along are you?
9 weeks

-What # child is this?

My husband won't be able to stand not finding out, although I'd probably choose to wait

almost 2 1/2 years

-How are you feeling?
nauseated. Worse than I did with DD, which is kind of scary. I'll be ready to hit 12 weeks and to a more "safe" date

-Are you feeling ready?
Depends on the day you ask me! One day, I am SO ready, the other day, I'm scared to death.

-Anything left to buy?
Haven't bought anything except a few maternity clothes are were on deep discount. I have no idea what I need for the second one that we don't already have (which is why this board is invaluable!)

Found out that, over 35, I'm considered "elderly" - that's a scary thought! I think I'm more afraid of this pregnancy because we have such a healthy, happy, easy going (for the most part) child. That, and I'm going to have to decide about work. It's tough!

brismom
01-05-2009, 04:47 PM
-How far along are you? 14 weeks, about the size of a lemon as per babycenter

-What # child is this? 2

-Boy, girl, choosing to be surprised, dying to find out asap, or other? surprise

-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first: exactly two years

-How are you feeling? excited, nausea subsided but now feeling tired and thick around the waist

-Are you feeling ready? have some time for it to be real

-Anything left to buy? crib, another car seat base

-Anything else you would like to share? Good luck to all

SnuggleBuggles
01-05-2009, 04:51 PM
There are a lot of babies on the way!! Thanks for replying to my thread. :) I needed to catch back up all the BFPs and not forget about the moms that are due any day now!

Beth

Momof3Labs
01-05-2009, 06:20 PM
-How far along are you? Almost 9 weeks

-What # child is this? #3 and #4 (so glad to see I'm not alone in this journey!!)

-Boy, girl, choosing to be surprised, dying to find out asap, or other? We found out with the first two, and I'm sure we will with these, too. We have all boy stuff and need to know if we'll need girl stuff (x2?). In addition, I don't expect to have the luxury of shopping much once they are here.

-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first DS1 will be 7yo and DS2 will be 3.5yo when I am due.

-How are you feeling? Tired, a little nauseous, light-headed (head-rushes when I stand, etc).

-Are you feeling ready? Will I ever be ready for this?

-Anything left to buy? Our infant seats expired, so we need new seats. A double SNG. A second crib. Eventually a second high chair. Bunk beds for the boys so they can move in together. New bottles. I think that we'll wing it on most everything else for now.

-Anything else you would like to share? Nope.

DebbieJ
01-06-2009, 01:30 AM
A few questions for you:
-How far along are you? I am almost 6 weeks
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surprised, dying to find out asap, or other? We will be surprised
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first. DS is 5 yo
-How are you feeling? Tired and hungry
-Are you feeling ready? I have plenty of time
-Anything left to buy? I will register again and hopefully have a proper baby shower this time. Last time I lived 2000 miles away from my family so I didn't have a shower.
-Anything else you would like to share? We haven't told anyone IRL yet because my last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks and we don't want to have to go through that "untelling" again. It was wretched. So we're waiting a bit longer to tell.

giavila
01-06-2009, 02:09 AM
A few questions for you:
-How far along are you? 30 weeks
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surprised, dying to find out asap, or other? 3rd girl
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first. DD1 will almost be 5 when baby arrives and DD2 will be 2.5 years
-How are you feeling? Tired
-Are you feeling ready? No. A little scared about adding another little one!
-Anything left to buy? We need to fit 3 carseats in our car so I think we need another Radian to make that happen. I also need a new swing and a new mattress.
-Anything else? We still haven't agreed on a name so that is stressing me out a bit!

catroddick
01-06-2009, 02:17 AM
-How far along are you? 33 weeks!
-What # child is this? First (and last!)
-Boy, girl, choosing to be surprised, dying to find out asap, or other? Waiting to see what the stork brings (Dr. already ruled out Puppy).
-Age gap between kids if this isn't your first. Well, my husband is 40, and he's still a work in progress. :love-retry:
-How are you feeling? Large, uncomfortable, and numb in parts.
-Are you feeling ready? Some days, yes. Others, not so much!
-Anything left to buy? Gads! So much left to buy. But the showers are coming, so we'll see how that goes.
-Anything else you would like to share? So glad I found these boards- comforting to have so much experience in one place!

daisymommy
01-06-2009, 10:31 AM
-How far along are you?
10 weeks

-What # child is this?

-Boy, girl, choosing to be surprised, dying to find out asap, or other?
We will find out around 18 wks. I'm hoping for another girl, but will love whatever we have as long babe is healthy!

Will be a little over 3 years since last child.

-How are you feeling?
Sick and tired!

-Are you feeling ready?
I still have so long to go. Which in a way is good because it's all still sinking in that this is real!

-Anything left to buy?
I saved everything from both Josh and Hannah, so I have both boy and girl clothes, as well as baby equipment. BUT this will probably be our last baby, so I know I want some fun splurges this time around.

For some reason I'm having mental "issues" dealing with with my belly growing larger, and body image this time around. I was always so proud of my "bump" the last two times. This time I don't even want to look in the mirror, or see pictures of pregnant tummies. What is my problem?!

daisymommy
01-06-2009, 10:34 AM
:bighand: Yeah Lori, Deb, Daniella and Melinda!!! Glad to see some familiar faces in this thread!

citosmom
01-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie to the boards and motherhood.
This is my first and it's a boy.
I'm 31 weeks along, so very caught up in shopping/nesting.
I'm feeling big and tired.
I'm not ready, and still have lots to buy.
A friend recommended the baby bargains book, which led me to this site and a lot of really good suggestions on what to buy for which I'm eternally grateful.:)