PDA

View Full Version : best booster chair/seat for sitting at table?

bugglemom
01-04-2009, 01:34 PM
I have an 18 mos old and I would love to get him out of the high chair and at the table. Can you ladies recommend the best booster seats/chairs? He weighs about 30 lbs. Ideally I guess I would like some sort of harness/seatbelt.......

Canna
01-04-2009, 02:57 PM
If you can, I would say stick it out with the highchair for a little longer, then move your child into a Cooshie Booster. We love the Cooshies, but at 18 months (around the time we bought ours) DD was too young to really sit in it. It was still a little short for her, and we still needed something with straps so she wouldn't flee the table at inopportune times! We ended up keeping her in the high chair but with the high chair pushed up to the table (no tray) and then trying the Cooshie a few months later (after she turned 2) and with much more success. She still uses it at age 4. And we even picked up an extra to have around. Also great to take to restaurants that may not have boosters.

zag95
01-04-2009, 05:34 PM
We have a healthy care booster seat from Fisher Price- one at each Grandma's and one at home to take to friends' homes or if we have little visitors!

It is great to have- has a little tray, you can adjust the height on ours and take the back off, when the child gets bigger!

salsah
01-04-2009, 08:17 PM
we have the fisher price healthy care booster (http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-Seat/dp/B0000DEW8N) and love it! we used to take it with us to restaurants too. we never had a high chair. we used this booster since dd could sit (at 6 months maybe) and my 4 yr old can still sit in.

junebaby07
01-04-2009, 08:32 PM
We have the fisher price healthy care booster as well. My daughter just turned 19 months and has been using the booster pretty much exclusively over the high chair for about 4 months - so I think it would be OK for that age.

WatchingThemGrow
01-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Since you said chairs also...have you looked at the Stokke chairs? The Tripp Trapp is the newer model which can accommodate younger children, but we got Kinderzeats off Craigslist that function (VERY well) as toddler chairs in our house. I love that their feet are supported properly, the are fully adjustable to help the child be at the correct height at the table, and they are sturdy and stable enough for kids to climb in/out independently.

brittone2
01-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Since you said chairs also...have you looked at the Stokke chairs? The Tripp Trapp is the newer model which can accommodate younger children, but we got Kinderzeats off Craigslist that function (VERY well) as toddler chairs in our house. I love that their feet are supported properly, the are fully adjustable to help the child be at the correct height at the table, and they are sturdy and stable enough for kids to climb in/out independently.
:yeahthat:

Loooooooove our Kinderzeat (now replaced by the Tripp Trapp but same idea). We got it for DS when he was maybe 13-15 months...somewhere around then. He still uses it at almost 5. I like how stable it is (almost impossible to tip backward because of the design). I like the ergonomics of it...feet can rest flat on the footrest, which is adjustable. This is also nice for handwriting, art, etc. at the table (we homeschool so that's important to me). It can be used as they grow and many people say their kids used it as a computer chair, etc. as they got older.

We went with a Kettler Tipp Topp chair for DD. I do not like the finish and find it much trickier to clean. I should have just sucked it up and bought her a Kinderzeat or Tripp Trapp.

In any case, DH and I say that the Stokke chair is one of our top 3 purchases ever. It is used multiple times a day everyday by one or both kids. The resale is generally quite good as well.

neeleymartin
01-04-2009, 10:03 PM
we have this one by summer infant.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3212150

it straps to the chair and then to ds. it has two heights, and the straps are removable. it has been great for us. he sits right up to the table with us. it is the same material that a bumbo is made of. wipes clean super easy. we LOVE the green color too.

ohiomom1121
01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Another vote for the Healthy Care Booster Seat. My DD used it from about 9 months. We had one at Grandma's house too-loved it!

carolinamama
01-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Another Healthy Care Booster user. DS sat in it when we traveled from a young age and then used it at the table at home around a year or so. We currently have the Cooshie booster and Healthy Care in our kitchen and he still used both at age 3 depending on his mood.