PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Babies - updates?

kedss
01-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Hannah was born in June, she has been teething for the last four months, but no teeth showing yet, but she's determined to eat or at least chew everything that comes near enough for her to grab. We have started letting her try some foods, she's not really taken by banana, but seems to like oatmeal cereal.

She's a smiley happy baby who goes to her big brother's preschool a few times a week- we are all excited to go back tomorrow! :)

ZeeBaby
01-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Our LO was also born in June. She has two teeth that are sprouting out and is "swimming" At least that is what I call it, lol. She lays on her stomach and flails her arms around. She is enjoying her exersaucer and showing interest in her toys now. She chews on everything and smiles all the time. She is just great. :D

kedss
01-04-2009, 06:10 PM
:) Mine thinks she is ready to walk/run after her big brother, she will tolerate tummy time, sometimes move backwards and can spin herself around, but she really wants to be walking, LOL.

strollerqueen
01-04-2009, 06:16 PM
DS # 2 was born on St. Patrick's Day. He is just a dream! Always happy, laughing, smiling. My house has become a magnet for all the neighborhood kids who want to come over and play with him. And of course, my other two are playing with him right now! I was worried about the age spacing, but it has really worked out great for us.

TraciG
01-04-2009, 06:22 PM
mine is almost 11 month's old, been teething, it seem's forever ! He only has 2 teeth on the bottom. He crawl's & is starting to walk !!!! He still doesn't sleep thru the night, I don't think he ever will ! He show's great interest in our food, I think it's time to think about chunkier food for him, still giving him pureed food I make or jar.

He is adorable but cranky a lot !

ahrimie
01-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh FUN!!

DD was born in May and is just lights up my world. I almost dreaded the first few years raising a baby but she's turned out to be much more of a joy than anything else :)

She's been crawling for a bit and now gets into EVERYTHING. I have to keep a much closer eye on her otherwise, she gets into something she really shouldn't. She also pulls up on everything and sometimes forgets she can't stand on her own; she'll let go and start gnawing on whatever she's found, only to fall over. :)

She loves loves to eat.. and lately, I've been giving her slices of banana coated in cereal for her to pick up and eat! I'm just so amazed at how fast she's growing.

srhs
01-04-2009, 06:47 PM
DS is almost 9 mo and is a fun, crazy, maniac! He's wearing 12 mo. clothes and working on tooth #8! He can push his RF walker across the room and is always on the go, go, go! He likes to tackle us, pull up on our legs, etc. He is very expressive, very talkative, very funny, and also very demanding. He makes some hilarious faces! He LOVES our dog who does not return the affection.
My favorite thing is watching him learn. I am constantly amazed by that "Wait, you couldn't do that yesterday!" feeling!
Unfortunately, he loathes sleep, which can make him cranky and whiny and also being left alone in a room for even a minute.

p.s. We have to get Lauren (bluestarfish) over here too so I am not the only one posting on both the '08 baby thread and the expecting thread! :D

ahrimie
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
He's wearing 12 mo. clothes and working on tooth #8!

WOWZERS!! hahaha.. sounds like you have a ball of energy! Mine's also wearing 12 month clothes but only 2 teeth :)

srhs
01-04-2009, 06:54 PM
WOWZERS!! hahaha.. sounds like you have a ball of energy! Mine's also wearing 12 month clothes but only 2 teeth :)
Yea 8, and we're still nursing! :eek:

elliput
01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
DS is 3 months and just as happy as can be. He has the most amazing dimples - a good friend told me I could store loose change in them. LOL! He is very strong, has had great head control from birth and has strong legs too. I wouldn't be surprised if he is an early walker.

KHF
01-04-2009, 07:09 PM
My DS is 13 days old now, so not much new to report :-) He's a dream child so far though, compared to DD! She was (is) high maintenance....he is a very easy baby to care for.

JBaxter
01-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Jack was born 10/20 so hes 2 1/2 months old. Hes a great baby inspite of not getting to nap very well due to a 5 yr old brother. He is really long and most of his onsies are 6/9months. He's rolled over from his tummy to his back already. Tummy time is not his favorite but LOVES his gyminii

ahrimie
01-04-2009, 07:24 PM
My DS is 13 days old now, so not much new to report :-) He's a dream child so far though, compared to DD! She was (is) high maintenance....he is a very easy baby to care for.

oh, CONGRATS!!

hez
01-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Yay for the 2008 babies!

DD is a couple days shy of 8 months. She's pulling up on things, which freaks out DS. He insists on sitting behind her when she does so he can prevent her from crashing. She's been crawling for a little while now, so DS has to keep his toys out of her way. It's a bit of an adjustment for us to have a baby getting into everything again.

She's generally a very, very happy baby. Just don't miss putting her down for her nap when she's ready, or miss her hunger signs, and all is well. I think she's easier than DS was-- she certainly sleeps better than he did (does)! I hope her sweet disposition holds out :)

srhs
01-04-2009, 07:38 PM
She's pulling up on things, which freaks out DS. He insists on sitting behind her when she does so he can prevent her from crashing. :)

Awwww, this is just the cutest!!!

Congrats KHF!!! Enjoy it! Time flies!

mommyp
01-04-2009, 08:35 PM
DD will be 1 this week! She is a bundle of energy, cruising the furniture and taking some steps. Last night I think she ate as many sweet potato fries as I did, the girl loves her finger food. Working on teeth 7 and 8 as well. Right now she is playing with her new Learning Home and moving her blocks from one pile to another. She is very funny, her laugh is hilarious. She is a joy and I cannot believe how fast this year has gone!

Snow mom
01-04-2009, 08:55 PM
DD will be one month tomorrow. Time flies! She just smiled for the first time this morning and is such a good baby.

~Lisa

caheinz
01-04-2009, 09:02 PM
The twins are 3.5mos old, and have their first day in childcare tomorrow.... I'm ready to have an extended break (breastfeeding two means nearly always having at least one latched on, it seems!), but know it'll be hard on me, too.

They're doing great, and they're starting to differentiate a bit. B is clearly a kicker, and it won't surprise me if he'll be a climber. D is using his hands more... Both are full of smiles and starting to enjoy watching the antics of big brother...

shawnandangel
01-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Oh my! Time does fly! DD will be 12 weeks tomorrow. WOW! Today she started putting her weight on her legs when we hold her. I was so proud, but I think she was prouder! She giggled and cooed away while doing it. "Look what I can do Mommy!"

carolinamama
01-04-2009, 10:44 PM
DS2 was born 9/30. He has been a wonderful addition to our family. He smiles and laughs frequently and has just recently gotten interested in toys. He spends time under his gymini on his back but isn't too keen on tummy time. He nurses like a champ and is quite the chunk!

kdeunc
01-05-2009, 01:25 PM
DD is 5 months old and doing fantastically. She has two teeth (since 3 months) and is an extremely easy going baby. Lots of smiling and laughing and she lights up when either of her brothers walks into the room. They love her just as much! She is exclusively breast fed, the only one of the three that I have had extended success with despite a tongue tie problem. Quick PSA for those with tongue tied babies. DD had surgery at 2 1/2 months and it was unbelievable the difference in my supply and her ability to nurse effectively. Literally within 18 hours we quit supplementing. Yea :)

It is good to hear about all of the other 2008 babies. Good luck to the 2009 mamas!

sidmand
01-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Thank you for asking!

My Hannah is almost 9 months old (this week). How time flies?! She just got two teeth on the bottom in the past few weeks. She is trying SO hard to crawl, but hasn't quite figured it out yet. She kind of scoots backwards. She's started to get frustrated because she sees DS running around and she wants to! She adores her big brother and he...doesn't seem to NOT like her.

So far she's a much better eater than her brother was. I think in the first week of *food* she ate more than he ever did! And she really seems to like the oatmeal/applesauce combo.

She's a pretty happy easy-going baby so far! She actually seems to have transitioned from one to two naps instead of the other way around. Although it wasn't until DS was home from school the past couple of weeks that I realized how opposite their naps are. She naps from about 10:30 until 1:30 and then he napped from about 2:30 until 5:00 and then she napped again around 4:00 to 6:00. Made life a little tricky there. When DS is in school though, he doesn't nap at all.

Night sleeping is okay. She gets up once or twice. I'm ready to sleep through the night, but I'm not sure how soon (if ever?) that'll happen. But she's very cute. Good thing they make them cute, huh?

Glizmo
01-05-2009, 02:18 PM
What fun to hear how all the babies are doing!

DD is almost 8 months. She's a crazy happy baby, always smiling - unless it's time for sleep, then watch out for the banshee baby! She's a little social bug who loves going places and doesn't want to miss anything. She's been crawling for several weeks now and pulls up on anything she can. She "walks" by pushing whatever is at her height, be it boxes, laundry baskets, ottomans. She has two bottom teeth and is working on the top two. Just started clapping when she's excited, which is so darn cute! If I had to sum her up, I'd say she doesn't know she's little, lol! :love-retry:

elephantmeg
01-05-2009, 02:27 PM
I guess DD qualifies although she isn't really "new". She's 9.5 months old, trying to talk, signing "more", clapping and going "yeah". She also crawls and pulls herself up and cruises a litte! She's outgrown her reflux (yeah!). She just got tooth #2 on Friday. And I think she might be developing her first ear infection :( Overall she's a joy :)

Nyfeara
01-05-2009, 02:45 PM
DS is 10.5 months old. He just had ear tubes done on New Year's Eve morning. We've had a rough time with ear infections over the last 3-4 months and now he has a cold. We're looking forward to getting our happy, not high maintenance, DS back any day now.

He's got 8 teeth, seems like he may be getting more. He has been standing for the last month or so and likes to do squats. We expect he'll be walking soon. He loves the dogs and will stick his hands out of the gates, stroller or crib to get licked and then smiles & giggles at them. He learned how to use a straw just this weekend.

Time does fly.

lovin2shop
01-05-2009, 03:18 PM
My baby is about to be one, sniff, sniff! Ethan is such a blessing and joy. He's finally starting to sleep well at night, still working on naps. He is very content as long as all people who are currently in the room, stay in the room (pretty major separation anxiety). He is much more active than his older brother, oh my, it is fun to see the differences in personalities!

BabyMine
01-05-2009, 04:10 PM
My DS2 is 5 months old. He started with GERD at 2 weeks and we just got it managed this week. He is such a different baby. Much happier and easy going. My DS1 is still waiting for DS2 to get bigger so he can play with him. DS1 helps me bottle feed him and change him. It is so cute.

scoop22
01-05-2009, 04:25 PM
my crazy little man just got his 2nd tooth last night!! YEH.
he is just 9 mo. old. he keeps me busy. he has more bumps in the
first 9 mo. than ds1 has ever had. he is starting to let go of everything. he claps everytime he falls down! :applause: he has been crawling since 6 mo.
he is a fast mover. he is a mommies boy. he cries ALOT! he is sleeping better. :hysterical: ds loves his big brother and big brother loves him. he is an eating machine. he has to eat at all times. he is in 12 mo clothes and some 18 mo. he is my shadow and i love him dearly:heartbeat:

ThreeofUs
01-05-2009, 06:32 PM
DS is 3 months and almost 2 weeks old, and a real joy. He talks a lot (we figure it's French/Urdu), loves to play, and sleeps well at night. He's got amazing, melting baby smiles - probably like most new babies, but DS1 was a very serious baby, so we're wow'ed by this.

I'm having to run to keep up with his clothes, though! He's into HA 70s and size 9-12 months in everything else. I can barely get his old clothes folded and put away before I have to get him in something new.

ThreeofUs
01-05-2009, 06:35 PM
He LOVES our dog who does not return the affection.

Just wait until he starts throwing food to the dog! Our dog and DS1 were the same way, until she realized that food was involved. Then she became his closest friend and ally.

mommy111
01-05-2009, 06:49 PM
DS is smiling a lot, loves attention, and hates his diapers. He screams when he needs to pee and....makes us sit him on the POTTY. And if we don't do it in time, he screams blue murder and gets upset. Just had to share :)

bcafe
01-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Our little guy just turned 6 months. He is such a blessing and a joy to be around. His little face just lights up when his big sisters and brothers are around. He is a wonderful nurser and mama is getting used to using the mei tai in a back carry now. Getting him into it by myself has been an experience to remember. It makes me sad that the time just flies by too quickly!

slworld
01-05-2009, 07:57 PM
DS just turned 6 months old. He smiles a lot but is a very poor & fussy eater partly due to his reflux. Hope his appetite improves when he starts on solids in a couple of days :). He has been drooling & constantly chewing on anything & everything (loves fabric & paper) so we are hoping a tooth or 2 could pop up anyday. He hates tummy time but cannot stop himself from rolling over whenever he is on his back and if he can't roll over he lifts up his head & shoulders trying to sit. If he is on his tummy and not fussing, it probably means he is pooping :D . He has just started showing interest in his toys but needs someone to be there while he is playing (he has always been more interested in people than in toys). He is also in 9-12m sizes but only because he is tall.

Melbel
01-05-2009, 09:26 PM
DD2, 7 months, brings tremendous joy to our family, more than I could have ever imagined. With our age gap, I was not sure what to expect. DS and DD1 absolutely adore the baby and it is mutual. The cat on the other hand...

DD2 is a reflux baby so we continue to experience challenges with eating and sleeping (up 4x last night). However, when her reflux is managed, she is a very smiley baby, and her twinkly eyes just melt you. She rolls across the room, sits well and can stand holding on to something or someone. She loves baths, being outside, her feet and anything to teethe on (1 tooth so far). She has a head full of blond wavy hair which makes her look older.

Staraglimmer
01-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Our DD was born in April. She has 4 teeth, and looks a bit like a vampire. She is crawling and trying to walk. She is so funny. We are working on her sleeping in her crib. She has decided that she won't take a bottle at all anymore. Sh is so in to her toys!! Christmas was so much fun because she loved opening everything! :)

kedss
01-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Congratulations! :)