PDA

View Full Version : Kettler question

keschy
01-05-2009, 02:08 PM
I have looked at old Kettler posts but didn't see the answers for these questions.I am thinking of getting a navigator but I am wondering:

1. Which Kettler has the best steering for the parents? We'll probably be using the push bar for a couple of years even though DS can pedal.

2. My DS is tall and I'm wondering if I need the Jumbo or would any of the Kettler seats be ok for him?

All in all does it really matter which one I get? LOL. I thought picking out a stroller was hard! Some days I think I should just get a cheap plastic trike but the kettlers look so great.....

citymama
01-05-2009, 02:31 PM
We have and like the Jumbo. It has great steering. I think the steering on the lower-end ones (Blossom and Junior) is not as good. I don't know about the higher-end ones. The Jumbo meets all our needs. The only concern I have about it or any other Kettler is they're kind of heavy, so younger kids have a harder time getting them to go anywhere - my 2.5 yr DD can zip around her schoolyard on the lightweight trikes there but has a harder time getting the Jumbo to move! I think this is equally true of the higher-end Kettlers - perhaps the Blossom or Junior would be easier, since they're lighter weight.

brittone2
01-05-2009, 04:30 PM
We have and like the Jumbo. It has great steering. I think the steering on the lower-end ones (Blossom and Junior) is not as good. I don't know about the higher-end ones. The Jumbo meets all our needs. The only concern I have about it or any other Kettler is they're kind of heavy, so younger kids have a harder time getting them to go anywhere - my 2.5 yr DD can zip around her schoolyard on the lightweight trikes there but has a harder time getting the Jumbo to move! I think this is equally true of the higher-end Kettlers - perhaps the Blossom or Junior would be easier, since they're lighter weight.

Yeah, Kettlers are all heavier, especially the higher end ones. That's the tradeoff...they are more stable, but heavier to pedal.

keschy
01-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks. I think I found a Jumbo on craigslist for $30. Hopefully the steering is as good as the navigator. For that price I think it will be good whichever one it is!