PDA

View Full Version : A "Spiderman" DVD appropriate for a 4 year old?

vmcorno
01-05-2009, 05:02 PM
I've been lurking for quite some time and just recently joined. I have a question that I have been unable to answer and thought someone here might be able to help.

My DS, age 4 1/2, earns a new DVD for every sticker chart he fills. He has recently filled one and has asked for a Spiderman DVD. The only place he has been exposed to Spiderman is from talking to other kids at his preschool. We only watch PBS and DVD's at home, so he's never seen even a commercial for anything Spiderman. I have looked at the "kids in mind" website and determined that Spider-man, Spider-man 2, and Spider-man 3 are just not appropriate for us at this point.

I really would like to get him something Spiderman or at a minumum "superhero" -ish. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA!

hellokitty
01-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Do you mean the live action movies? For me, no. My son is almost five and I think he would get really scared if he saw any of the spiderman movies. The bad guys are usually pretty freaky looking and I think it's really violent.

Can you find dvds of spiderman the cartoon series? I think that one is much more tame.