PDA

View Full Version : etiquette for condolence card?

newbiemom
01-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Acquaintances lost their adult child in a terrible accident a few months ago.
I really don't know this acquaintance, but a few years ago, had worked with the family member for a brief period of time.
2 questions -
it's been months (3 months), is it too late to send a card?
If not -
could/should I include a story about this family member from when we had worked together? - it's a story this family member related to me about when he was young, and it's been on my mind because my kids are at a similar stage.

Melaine
01-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I have no idea about the actual "rules" on this, but if it were me I would say it's not too late at all to send a card. I think the story would also be appreciated, perhaps more so now that they've had a couple months to grieve.

Twoboos
01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I would say it's not too late. And I like the idea of sharing a story. A person my dad worked with sent a story about him w/her condolence card. I had never met her, no idea who she was. But the story was classic Dad and made me laugh.

khm
01-06-2009, 02:49 PM
It will be nice for them to hear a story from you, and to hear from someone now, when the rush of cards and condolences is now over.

egoldber
01-06-2009, 02:52 PM
It's never too late to send a card or share a fond memory of a lost loved one.

specialp
01-06-2009, 02:57 PM
No, it is not too late. The rush is past and I'm sure it would be appreciated. By all means, share the story.