PDA

View Full Version : Bag for Disney

Octobermommy
01-06-2009, 05:43 PM
What bag is best for Disney. It will be me, dh and 4 yr old so no diapers, bottles etc. I bought a sling bag but I don't know if that is allowed on rides. Is it? I would think we would carry minimal but it would include ponchos, small wallet, bottle of water, hand towel, hand sanitizer. Any other things I need to have.

Thanks!

fivi2
01-06-2009, 06:39 PM
I love my overland equipment Donner bag. I wear it messenger style, but you don't have to.

The baggalini messenger bag is popular on the dis boards, but wasn't right for me.

Octobermommy
01-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Are you allowed to wear a sling bag on rides?

Thanks!

bubbaray
01-06-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm trying to plan a trip there this spring. I was planning on taking my LE LT. Its like a purse, but is actually a diaper bag. I will leave supplies like diapers, sippies, snacks, on our stroller in a SkipHop Duo. The diaper bag that I take with me on rides will have wallet, camera(s), EpiPens, etc.. Other than your wallet, everything else you list I would be OK leaving on the stroller.

egoldber
01-06-2009, 07:44 PM
The Donner bag that the PP mentioned is great. I have a small Timbuk2 messenger bag that I really like as well.

And yes, you can wear a sling bag on all rides. I probably wouldn't take one on a coaster though.

Octobermommy
01-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks everyone

bubbaray
01-06-2009, 08:37 PM
FYI, I also have an Overland Donner. It is slightly smaller than the LE LT. I prefer the LE LT for the light interior, but the Donner is a nice bag too. The LT is significantly cheaper, though -- it was $20 when I got mine, the Donner was around $50. Sears and Landsend.com sell the LT, REI sells the Donner.

egoldber
01-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I prefer the LE LT for the light interior

Huh. My Donner has a light interior. And I got it on clearance at REI. :) No way no how would I pay $50 for it!

bubbaray
01-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Huh. My Donner has a light interior. And I got it on clearance at REI. :) No way no how would I pay $50 for it!

Mine had a patterned black/white daisy interior, but still darker than the light blue of the LT. ITA, its not worth $50 IMO, which is why I like the LT better!! :)

ETA: OK, I'm not losing my mind. Here it is at REI: http://www.rei.com/product/767099 $55 now. I like the price of the LT better....

egoldber
01-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh I don't doubt that's the full retail price. :) I would just never pay that.

Mine has a pale pink flower-y interior.

Momof3Labs
01-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Loved my Overland Donner on the last trip we took! You most definitely want your camera in there, too. I took it on everything, including coasters. On coasters, you remove it and put it in a mesh bag at your feet so that it doesn't escape and doesn't interfere with the restraint.

Corie
01-25-2009, 10:40 PM
I love my overland equipment Donner bag. I wear it messenger style, but you don't have to.

I LOVE my Donner bag!!!! :)