PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from tnrnchick74?

bubbaray
01-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Just wondering how she's doing and hoping everything is OK. I know the ex was rattling her cage, so to speak, and she recently added looking after her niece.

Hope everything is OK!

MontrealMum
01-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Good question...I hope everything is OK too :)

MamaMolly
01-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Bump! Hope all is well!

tnrnchick74
01-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks all! We have been without internet for almost a week - so that's why I've been MIA!

No news from the ex...and no news is good news!

Reygan, my niece, is settling in well. She started school yesterday and after a brief breakdown, she had a great day. She woke up before her alarm today and was excited to go to school. She's never had a stable home life, so we are going about trying to establish schedules, rules ,etc. I'm sure we will have a few moments of disagreement, but reality is that this child thrives on boundaries, routine, and knowing the expectations. She's a sweet girl who honestly tries to be good! But she's not perfect :)

She has a closet full of clothes - some brand new, some hand me downs. She's colored about every coloring book in sight, and has some stuffed animals that she treats as her baby. From the outside, you would think she's a normal 6.5 year old. She is dealing with the baggage of her ugly life - she still wets the bed occassionally and abandonment issues are a constant thing. We have to reassure her frequently that we are not going to "forget" her.

Thanks for everyone's encouragement, thoughts, and support.

Parker is doing GREAT! He's currently got a stomach bug, which has upset his reflux. We go to another GI MD on the 19th to try to get on top of all of this. He started crawling yesterday!!! And he's getting teeth #3-4 currently! He's my loud chunky monkey!!!

amandabea
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
so good to hear that things are going well! Welcome back!