PDA

View Full Version : Okay, tell me what you DON'T like about Baby Jogger

hellokitty1
01-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure I've read anything negative about Baby Jogger strollers so I'm posting this individual thread to solicit any cons about the brand.

Thanks.

Joolsplus2
01-07-2009, 09:55 AM
The rounded handle on the Mini prevented it from standing alone when folded...so it was nice and small and light, but a pain to keep it from falling on the floor all the time when folded.

Melaine
01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I don't have any complaints about our BJCSD....I would make the same choice again, I think. I would definitely consider a mini if we ever have one child.....

WatchingThemGrow
01-07-2009, 10:25 AM
I would have preferred an orange Elite Double, but black's okay enough. My 2008 had some metal on metal sound from the front forks, but they replaced the frame and changed that part for 2009. On the new one, the handlebar kept adjusting. They replaced that too, so it's good as new. I'm picky, I guess.

Oh, it's heavy. The 2009 are lighter.

Oh..I know...you can't FIND them in many stores. They tell me that BRU is carrying them online, and that they may be in stores in the future.

I'd absolutely make the same choice again, and I MIGHT choose the single 2009 Elite over a Cameleon, I like it so much.

Melaine
01-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Mine is definitely one of the heavier doubles I looked at....if I could have all the same features in a really light frame then I would be happy!

maylips
01-07-2009, 10:54 AM
The handle on my 2007 was made of cushion and the first week we used it, it tore from hitting the brake when we folded it. The new ones don't have that trouble.

My 2007 can't accept a snack bar. And I bought a BJ snack bar from albee baby without them specifying that nugget and can't return it (it cost $25 and there is a $25 "restocking fee"). The new ones can.

The basket isn't that easy to load things in. Oh, and I think DD would prefer to be straighter up at times - the top setting still has her at somewhat of a recline.

All of that being said, it's a great stroller. I just wouldn't get one older than the 2008 model. I wish they had that one available when I had my first.

MontrealMum
01-07-2009, 11:31 AM
We decided against one because the older models (when we were buying) did not have suspension. I believe that they do now, so this is no longer an issue.

Melaine
01-07-2009, 12:08 PM
PP reminds me that, yes, for such a heavy, large stroller, the under stroller basket is very very small. I don't use it that often.

clb
01-07-2009, 01:08 PM
I have an 08 BJCES. The basket is small. Compared to the BOB or MBUS the basket is tiny and harder to get into.

The 09 has suspension and is lighter. I am like what I have, but wish my stroller had those features too.

cndnveggie
01-07-2009, 03:04 PM
The only thing I don't love about my BJCE is that I wish the basket were a bit bigger and more easily accessible. However, it hasn't been a huge issue for me - it actually is easier to use than it looks, and I don't tend to use the basket that much anyways.

I also feel like sometimes DS is slouching in the seat, but I think that would be the case for any jogging stroller.

Oh, one other thing that's bothered me once - the foot rest is held down by velcro, which was a pain when DS fell asleep and I wanted to lift the footrest up. Not sure if they could have secured it with magnets like they did on the canopy, but that piece of velcro was loud! Of course, that's only going to be a concern on a rare occasion.

As you can see, I really have to get picky to think up things I don't like about it!

elektra
01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
OK, I think I NEED a 2009 BJCED now. Why did they have to make the new ones so much better?! No chance of a deal now since it's the 2009's that seem pretty much perfect!