PDA

View Full Version : What to do with used mattress?

justincase
01-07-2009, 11:31 AM
What can I do with DS's "old" Colgate Classica I, used for just over two years? I bought a new mattress for DD. I would love to pass the old one on, but no one around here needs it right now. I heard (not sure) that Salvation Army and other charities will no longer take used mattresses of any type? At the very least, how to "safely" get rid of it?

mamaoftwins
01-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Maybe put it on Craigslist? You could try to sell it, or just put it up for free, and I'm sure someone will contact you about it.

hellokitty
01-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Sell it or if nobody buys it, just donate it to a women's shelter or pregnancy center.

justincase
01-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I live in the sticks and no shelter wants to drive this far out of their way to pick it up... and a couple of places I have called have given me the "no used mattresses" line. Seems like a shame. I will probably try craigslist (have to get with the 21st century sometime!) but again worry that I am too far from anyone for them to bother. Oh well, I'll keep trying, at least until I run out of time to think about it!

hellokitty
01-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Well, if you don't have any luck craigslisting it, you can freecycle it. The other person will be responsible for picking it up, you should post your general location so ppl realize that you live in the rural area.