PDA

View Full Version : BRUs "multiples discount".

mamaoftwins
01-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Just wanted to make sure all you new multiple mamas and multiple mamas-to-be knew about the BRUs multiples discount. They'll give you 10% off of big ticket items (cribs, dressers, Baby Bjorns, expensive swings, etc.) when you buy two or more. You just have to ask for it when checking out.

I found out about it from my Moms of Twins Club. Too bad I didn't know when we bought our cribs, but now that my cribs have been recalled (yesterday!), I'll ask for the discount when I buy my new ones.

Hope this helps someone! :)

bonbon98
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Also, you can't use any of the BRU coupons on top of the discount. Definitely do the math before you buy to get the greater discount!

mamaoftwins
01-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Also, you can't use any of the BRU coupons on top of the discount. Definitely do the math before you buy to get the greater discount!

Yep, that's right!

caheinz
01-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Doesn't really help much when you have one of something from an older child...

We don't need two cribs, since we have one. A discount on the second one we only need because we have twins this time would have been nice. (At this point, I can even bring the twins along to prove it!)

gatorsmom
01-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Doesn't really help much when you have one of something from an older child...

Yeah, that kind of stinks. The only thing I needed 2 of was carseats since we decided to use Safeseats instead of our Snugride because of the higher weight limits. But, the Safeseats we found were on sale for more than the twin discount anyway. So much for that. And I had a 15% coupon off Baby Depot which is where I bought the Sweetpeace Swings.

I'll probably use that 10% discount when it's time to buy convertible carseats for the twins. Unless, hopefully, I can get a better discount somewhere else.

dowlinal
01-08-2009, 01:31 AM
BuyBuyBaby will also do 10% off identical items for twins.

Unfortunately, like Cheryl I have one of most things. I think the only thing we need to buy two of are infant carseats. I already have cribs from my older two and since my youngest never really slept in hers I only need one new mattress.

Momof3Labs
01-08-2009, 10:29 AM
BuyBuyBaby will also do 10% off identical items for twins.

Unfortunately, like Cheryl I have one of most things. I think the only thing we need to buy two of are infant carseats. I already have cribs from my older two and since my youngest never really slept in hers I only need one new mattress.

Sounds like congratulations are in order, girl!!! When are you due?? I'm so glad that I'm not alone in going from 2 kids to 4 - there are a few of us on the boards with two kids who are due with twins.

mongo
01-08-2009, 10:40 AM

It depends on which BRU you go to. When we shop in the city, the store will not let us use both discounts and heavily restrict the use of the twins discount to only furniture.

However, when we go out to the 'burbs, we have been able to compound the coupons and get discounts off things like diapers, wipes, and supplies we buy in bulk, which are expensive, but nonetheless are not big ticket items. We've just handed over our BRU coupons to the cashier and asked for the twins discount.

Melaine
01-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Don't get me started on this. I got really mad when registering they said no such discount existed and then the FIRST time I was offered a twin discount the girls were over 2. All the money I would've saved makes me mad....

fivi2
01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Don't get me started on this. I got really mad when registering they said no such discount existed and then the FIRST time I was offered a twin discount the girls were over 2. All the money I would've saved makes me mad....

I got some varying stories from workers at my BRUS also. (whether it exists, how much it is, what items it applies to, etc). It was frustrating. But, honestly, I have had so many horrific experiences with that store I refuse to shop there.

dowlinal
01-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Sounds like congratulations are in order, girl!!! When are you due?? I'm so glad that I'm not alone in going from 2 kids to 4 - there are a few of us on the boards with two kids who are due with twins.

In an amazing coincidence I am expecting twin boys on June 18th. Aren't our seconds like 2 months apart too? I'm still a bit shocked. The first week there was only one sack, but then when I went back for the heartbeat, there were two. I almost fell off the table. I still can't believe we're doubling our family!

Congrats to you too! I was so happy when I saw your post here.

gatorsmom
01-09-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm so glad that I'm not alone in going from 2 kids to 4 .

It's a wild ride, let me tell you. But it's a lot of fun. I remember that feeling of total shock on the u/s table. You walk in thinking, "third child, piece of cake. I've got great btdt experience." You walk out wondering what you are in for.

congrats to all the twin moms!!

Momof3Labs
01-09-2009, 10:09 AM
In an amazing coincidence I am expecting twin boys on June 18th. Aren't our seconds like 2 months apart too? I'm still a bit shocked. The first week there was only one sack, but then when I went back for the heartbeat, there were two. I almost fell off the table. I still can't believe we're doubling our family!

Congrats to you too! I was so happy when I saw your post here.

My second will be 3 in Feb - I think that they are pretty close in age because I recall TTC together. I hyperstimmed so we had some warning that there were likely twins, but I was still in total denial until we saw two heartbeats - I can imagine your reaction after seeing only one sac the first time!!

So happy for you!!

dowlinal
01-09-2009, 01:43 PM
My second will be 3 in Feb - I think that they are pretty close in age because I recall TTC together. I hyperstimmed so we had some warning that there were likely twins, but I was still in total denial until we saw two heartbeats - I can imagine your reaction after seeing only one sac the first time!!

So happy for you!!

This time we had to do IVF so I knew there was a chance of two, but that first U/S threw me off. I still have moments of disbelief. Really can you ever truely be ready for 3 and 4.