PDA

View Full Version : Why can't the nesting instinct hit...

LarsMal
01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
when I'm not pregnant?!

I have had this ridiculous need to organize since we got back from our holiday craziness. I went to Target today and got one of those closet organizers with 9 cubby holes, and a couple of the baskets to put in them. I probably shouldn't have carried it inside, but I did, and up a flight of stairs, and put it together, and moved stuff out of the closet I was using, and dragged in to it's new home, then ran around organizing it with toys/puzzles/books that the kids don't use a lot. THEN I had to take everything from that closet up to our third level closets and organize that.

I'm loving the way everything has turned out, but my back is KILLING me now and I'm so incredibly exhausted! Oh well, it still looks good!

I just wish these *needs* would hit me when I'm not pregnant! Just think what I could get done ;)

hillview
01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
OMG you are INSANE. Go to a spa! Or come to my house ;)

Good job!
/hillary

tylersmama
01-07-2009, 05:40 PM
You are a little nuts ;), but we got those same cubbies (plus the 8 cubbie one, too) this weekend and made half of the office into a playroom for DS. I LOOOOOOVE it! No more toys in the living room, woohoo!

saschalicks
01-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Uh sweetie I'm 33 weeks preggers and I wish it would hit me harder. We moved in mid-Dec, and are still living amongst the boxes. Yes, that means no room for baby right now. I need to get my nesting in gear. It's just started (twinge) yesterday, so I have a feeling in the next 2 weeks DH is going to have a HUGE honey-do list.

carolinamama
01-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Sounds like you are getting lots done. Wish that was happening at our house. I don't even get nesting instincts when I'm preggers. Just the sit-on-your-butt-and-do-nothing instincts.

LarsMal
01-07-2009, 06:07 PM
so I have a feeling in the next 2 weeks DH is going to have a HUGE honey-do list.

If only I could wait for DH and make him do it all! When I was 34 weeks pregnant with DD I got a bug up my butt about painting our bathroom- so I did it while DH was at work. He was pretty shocked when he came home and saw I just couldn't wait for him or the weekend!!

DrSally
01-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Ha! I was in major procrastination mode and then mine hit me a few days before DD was born (4 weeks early). Ugh! I was so unprepared, plus not even being fully unpacked from the move. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I prepared for like 6 months for the girl they told me I was having and then DS was born, so I had to redo a lot of things anyway. Maybe it seemed futile. It is much better to be prepared as much as possible before the craziness of babyhood hits though.