PDA

View Full Version : We love our Magna-Tiles!!

kcampbell
01-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks to everyone who recommended them! If only they weren't so darn expensive! We love love love them!

brittone2
01-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Woohoo!

I finally found some in stock and they are shipping currently...supposed to arrive tomorrow in fact. I'm so torn between saving them for DS's 5th bday in a few weeks or tearing open the package ASAP.

WatchingThemGrow
01-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes, yes, and yes. DD and I have been building barns for the LP animals. Of course, DS knocks it down....

FYI the plastic dishpans from Walmart are a great holder for the 100 piece set. I put them in there and shoved it under the futon. Love it.

brittone2
01-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Please share where you found them.

I emailed several retailers for an ETA on them coming back in stock. Doug from Edufun emailed me and said they had a few in stock but they were sure to go quickly. I ordered right away and then he emailed and said I got their last set of 100 clear.

I'm going to PM you in a sec :)

willow33
01-07-2009, 07:04 PM
They are so great! My 5 & 3 yr old boys play with them every morning. They build garages for their cars or hotels for their action figures :)

Best $$ every spent!!

urquie
01-07-2009, 07:19 PM
we love them too!!!!

mspersnickity
01-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I contacted the company in December and they said they expect more in late January. We were sorry to miss out on them for this Christmas, DD would love them. Now I just have to try to hold out for her 4th birthday in September.

It would be wrong to give them to the baby for her 1st birthday in April, wouldn't it? Big kid toys are so much more fun. :(

deenass
01-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Well - my SIL asked what DS 2 wanted / needed for his 1st birthday (NOTHING) so then she asked if there was something that he would like to have EVENTUALLY (meaning something that DS 1 would like now and DS 2 would eventually inherit) - so DS 1 got magnatiles for his 1st bday (the samll set) and we just added the big set as a Hanukah present. My 21 month old just started playing with them, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch for a 1st bday gift!

brittone2
01-07-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm giggling because my 18 month old could care less about most of his age appropriate Christmas gifts. Instead he is in LOVE with his 4 year old big brother's toys. His favorites are the cash register (especially the coins) and the itsy bitsy race cars that came with an itsy bitsy race track (gift from a friend). Oy. I should have just bought all big kid toys and been done with it.

LOL. DD is newly 2 and her favs right now are big brother's (he's almost 5) Playmobil stuff, Lego, etc. They played with his camper forever tonight together.

brittone2
01-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Does anyone have the trucks set that is made by the same company that does magnatiles (valtech)? Both of my kids love vehicles but I haven't seen much here about these...

http://www.edufuntoys.com/98127.html

Can anyone give feedback on the DX set?
http://www.edufuntoys.com/2148.html

Just wondering for down the road whether I'll want a 2nd set of 100 clear or would do better mixing it up with something like one of the above sets.

baileygirl
01-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Not much help...we have the truck set, but I haven't given it to DS (2) yet. There are some really tiny pieces with the truck set, so while I am totally comfortable with him playing with the magna-tiles the truck pieces are just way too small. I don't know how old your kids are, so that may not matter to you.

zoestargrove
01-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I wasn't as impressed with the truck set. I would definitely go for a 2nd set of clear. My boys preferred to use their matchbox cars with their magnatile creations.

brittone2
01-08-2009, 10:38 PM
THanks for the reviews on the trucks and DX.

Ours arrived today and we decided to give them to the kids and buy something else for DS's bday in a few weeks.

We all really, really enjoyed them. I held off on these for what...2 years now because the price seemed kind of insane to me, but I can see these getting a lot of play. I hope :)

kayte
01-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Glad you found them---and that you decided not to wait!!

Another idea for something to add on-

I printed some pictures in b&w on inkjet transparencies and cut them to the size of the basic square. DD likes sandwiching them between two tiles Or sometimes static just holds it there) and then incorporating them into the buildings. Today she built a tall tower with herself 'standing' at the top!

brittone2
01-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Glad you found them---and that you decided not to wait!!

Another idea for something to add on-

I printed some pictures in b&w on inkjet transparencies and cut them to the size of the basic square. DD likes sandwiching them between two tiles Or sometimes static just holds it there) and then incorporating them into the buildings. Today she built a tall tower with herself 'standing' at the top!

That's an insanely cool idea. :jammin:
How creative are you???!!

just_teachin
01-09-2009, 11:54 AM
That's an insanely cool idea. :jammin:
How creative are you???!!

Agreed! How stinkin' clever!!