PDA

View Full Version : MILITARY ONLY - DISNEY DEAL (new dates)

amldaley
01-08-2009, 02:51 PM
OFFER FOR MILITARY:

Walt Disney World has rolled out a special ticket deal for military
guests, valid 1/4/09-12/23/09. Each qualifying Military Service member*
will receive a complimentary 5-Day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Ticket"

with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More Options. To receive the FREE
ticket, visit any theme park Guest Relations window and show proper ID.

In addition, up to 5 guests of the Military Service member can purchase
a

$99 (plus tax) "Disney Armed Forces Salute Companion" ticket. This is a
5-Day Base Ticket. Companions can add on Park Hopper and/or Water Park
Fun & More Options for $25 (plus tax) per option, which is half the
regular price.

Guests can pre-purchase the companion tickets (in the form of an
exchange

voucher) at Shades of Green or at a military base, TAX-FREE! The
exchange voucher is then taken to a theme park Guest Relations window,
where it is exchanged for the actual ticket.

The companion tickets can be purchased at the theme park Guest Relations
windows, but if you do this, you must pay tax.

*This offer is available to anyone on active duty in the US Army, Navy,
Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserve, and retired
military. Activated members of the National Guard and Reservists must
present active duty orders in addition to valid military ID. You must
have been active for any length of time between 1/1/08 and 12/23/09.

Dept of

Defense (CIA, FBI, Secret Service) and Coalition Forces are excluded.

Entire party must be present at time of purchase, except that spouse and
military dependants can receive the companion discount without the
military service member being present, if they can show proper dependent
military ID.

Offer available once per service member during the offer period.

daisy1234
01-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Thisis savings us hundreds on our upcoming trip!!!! :)

bluestarfish18
01-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Just picked up a brochure at our IT office....fantastic bargain! Even Shades of Green is discounted. All Disney hotels and some of the cabins are 40% off when booked through your IT office. The office should also have the tickets by the end of the month. Yipee! I know what we're doing during hold!

GavinsMommy
01-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for posting this.

If my husband is deployed, can I use the $99.00 and go without him?

I know if you live in California, it's cheaper than the $99.00

Maybe I'll try giving Disney a call

Momof3Labs
01-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks for posting this.

I believe that this specific offer is just at WDW in Florida. Yes, you can do it without your military spouse if you have a military dependent ID.

Karenn
01-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I know that Disneyland currently has very good military discount offer right now. I believe it's slightly different than this one, but it's still really good.

amldaley
01-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks for posting this.

Your MWR or ITT office on base should have the details for you. The original information I posted is copied directly from the most recent Public Affairs press release. If you need more info on MWR, ITT or other base services available to you, please let me know - I'll help ya figure it out!

eta: Yes, spouses can go w/out the service member. Look aaaalll the way towards the bottom of the message. I know, it's not very well written!!!

sariana
01-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Go to the Disneyland site and type "military" in the search window. It will bring up info about the deals at both parks. Yes, the Disneyland one is different and expires sooner.

While it is nice that Disney is doing this, the site says Reservists must have papers showing they are activated as of January 2008. Duh, an "activated" Reservist isn't going to be around to go to Disney. My DH said it didn't make any sense because his Reservist ID card looks exactly the same as any other ID card. So who would know whether he was a Reservist, activated or not?

bluestarfish18
01-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Go to the Disneyland site and type "military" in the search window. It will bring up info about the deals at both parks. Yes, the Disneyland one is different and expires sooner.

While it is nice that Disney is doing this, the site says Reservists must have papers showing they are activated as of January 2008. Duh, an "activated" Reservist isn't going to be around to go to Disney. My DH said it didn't make any sense because his Reservist ID card looks exactly the same as any other ID card. So who would know whether he was a Reservist, activated or not?

Activated Reservists' Dependants' Cards (that was a mouthful) are orange instead of red. But the soldier themselves keep the same card. But I highly doubt Disney is really onto that yet.

Cam&Clay
01-21-2009, 07:28 PM
DH and I were thinking of doing a cruise this summer, but this deal is pretty amazing. We heard about it last week.

My question is about Shades of Green? Have any of you stayed there? Was it nice? What was the transportation situation like? It's not part of the actual Disney transportation, is it?

Robyn0204
01-28-2009, 04:50 PM
We stayed at Shades of Green last April/May. It is a nice enough hotel. Depending on your rank (since that is how the cost is determined), you can stay at a Disney hotel for less. However, we decided to stay there again because of the proximity. We only used SOG's bus service once. All the other times we walked over to the Polynesian and used the monorail. It is about 5-10 minute walk. We had 3 kids under 5 last year + 2 strollers and it was so much easier to use the monorail than the buses. This year will still bring both strollers with the oldest being 6 so we decided that we would stay at SOG again. When we have to carry less stuff maybe we'll stay at one of the Disney resorts (if/when we go again).

I can try and answer any other questions if you have them.