PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Fort Leavenworth/Lansing/Platte City area?

lmwbasye
01-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I need a bit of help. We are moving there in a few months and I'm having a difficult time finding preschools for my 4 year old.

Any suggestions?

Also, anything that would be good to know about this area? Not sure where we will live yet, so any insight on that would be fabulous.

TIA!

MichelleRC
01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
ETA: Lansing, definitely Lansing. Schools are better, people are younger and a little more progressive.

My IL's live in Leavenworth and we just got back from visiting over the holidays. I think your best bet of those 3 would be Lansing. I will see what other info I can find, and ask DH when he gets home from work.

maiaann
01-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Both my DH and I were born and raised in Leavenworth. Both our families still live there. My brother lives in Lansing. Very old city (oldest city in Kansas), dirt cheap in terms of housing, small and easy to get around, and super close to Kansas City. Lots of military! I don't live there anymore (I've lived in CO for the past 8 years), but I know just about anything you could possibly want to know about the area. If you have specific questions, PM me!

wendmatt
01-08-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm living in Leavenworth right now. Are you military? Going to Fort Leavenworth. I must say I think Platte City is really nice, close to Kansas City, great schools if you are planning to stay long enough for school. DD went to Trinity Lutheran preschool in Leavenworth and it was great. Also St Pauls is a good preschool in Leavenworth. Many of the kids were from Lansing so they liked Triniity Lutheran preschool (DDs teacher was Miss Monica and she's wonderful). Lansing is very small, there isn't much difference between the 2 really, it's a longer drive to the Fort (if that's where you're going). Leavenworth is a nice little town, no traffic, family oriented. Where are you moving from. Are you looking to rent or buy? Let me know if I can help in any way at all, any q's or anything.

maiaann
01-09-2009, 07:27 PM
DD went to Trinity Lutheran preschool in Leavenworth and it was great.

That's my old church! I was baptized there as an infant, and DH and I were married there right after college! Small world! :)