PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Dekor Question

newmommyinnyc
01-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I see that Diaper Dekor sells liners (2 pack 11.99+). How often do you replace the liners and is this also used in conjunction with regular garbage bags? I'm thinking that if you replace the liners every time (since they old 30-40 diapers) this would be crazy expensive.

maylips
01-09-2009, 10:32 AM
The liners last longer than that - when the Dekor is full, you cut the liner with scissors, then tie it up again, pull it down, and that starts a new bag. Liners last, um, probably 200-300 diapers depending on the size of the diaper.

I will say this - once DD quit breastfeeding and her poops started to really stink, we now take the poop diapers outside to another trash can and only use the Dekor for urine diapers only. Otherwise, the stench overwhelmed the room.

newmommyinnyc
01-09-2009, 11:08 AM
non-biodegradeable ones are much better at stink control. Checked them on ebay and they are going for over $30 (more than they originally sold for!) Huh!

goodnightmoon
01-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I agree that they last mugh longer. For stinky diapers I put the diaper in a bag first to cut down on the smell inside the Diaper Dekor. We get the diaper bags at the Dollar Tree (100 for $1).

I wanted to add also that our Diaper Dekor has a cutter on the inside of the door so you don't have to use scissors with our liners...

HIU8
01-09-2009, 02:44 PM
When we had one I could get about 70ish diapers in it, but it stunk, so we never let the diapers sit that long. Plus the liners were extremely expensive. It broke and we bought a diaper genie and the liners are cheaper, but still an expense. If I were doing it again I would get the diaper champ b/c you can use the regular plastic bags from the grocery store (which we have a ton of all the time anyway). My friend has it and I enjoy using it (very easy to use). JMHO.

clc053103
01-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Totally agree with PP that stated that old style non boidegradeable refills were soooo much better than the new biodegradeable kind, and they were cheaper too (though apparently, not anymore on ebay! LOL!) I even wrote the company, Regal Lager, and they basically said sorry, we don't make it, we just distribute it.

I would not recommend this product to anyone. Besides the stink problem with the new bags, mine fell apart- the foot pedal broke, then the lid hinge broke. It didn't even make it through the diapering stage of one child!