PDA

View Full Version : What's next post highchair

hillview
01-09-2009, 01:45 PM
DS is 17 months and about to outgrow his highchair (straps on FP healthy seat are too tight -- he is in 3t clothes and 33 lbs). He is too young to sit in a chair. Any ideas for what's next?
Thanks!
/hillary

JTsMom
01-09-2009, 01:49 PM
We switched to a FP booster after the highchair.

happy2bamom
01-09-2009, 02:06 PM
DS#1 has been in the Tripp Trapp since his 2nd birthday. DS #2 has been in a Keekaroo since his 2nd birthday. I don't see them outgrowing them anytime soon!

clc053103
01-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Definitely a tripp trapp! It will last you for years to come. and it's not an eyesore like most highchairs are!

I have a huge DS too- and I think it's ridiculous that the FP high chair is that small. at 3 yo and 50 lbs, DS could still fit in his peg perego if I needed! But once you have a nice tripp trapp at your table, you'll be much happier.

pastrygirl
01-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I really like our Keekaroo.

Melaine
01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I've been using the Kaboost for the girls for several months now. I gotta say, I like them, but I DON'T like how my girls sit in them (or should I say wiggle, dance, lunge, and parachute from). If I could afford it I would STILL go the Tripp Trapp route, or perhaps the Keekaroo or Hipposmile if you need to get a better bargain.

KBecks
01-09-2009, 02:22 PM
We did a cushie? seat that is like a buuster made of foam. Pricey like 35, but otherwise nice. John has been picking at the foam, but I might kick him out of it now at 2.5

brittone2
01-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Tripp Trapp or a used KZ if you can find one. We have the KZ (no longer sold) and while expensive, it has been one of our best purchases ever (my DH would agree). It gets used several times a day.

I have a Tipp Topp (kettler chair) that I got for DD for 99 bucks on amazon a long time ago. It is okay, but I much, much prefer the KZ.

They (KZ/Tripp Trapp) can be used into the teen years as an ergonomically correct computer chair, etc.

I like that it is super adjustable. We homeschool and it allows DS to write, etc. with his feet supported. That can really help some children.

Moneypenny
01-09-2009, 02:40 PM
DS is 17 months and about to outgrow his highchair (straps on FP healthy seat are too tight -- he is in 3t clothes and 33 lbs). He is too young to sit in a chair. Any ideas for what's next?
Thanks!
/hillary

Here's our cheap solution. We got a counter height stool on sale for $49.