PDA

View Full Version : What do you dislike/like about your Graco Contempo Highchair?

slworld
01-09-2009, 03:23 PM
DS is 6 months old and will be starting solids soon. We don’t have a lot of room in the kitchen and our dinette has only 2 chairs so a booster really won’t work (not a very sturdy set either). I am looking for a high chair with a small foot print and sounds like the Graco Contempo folds up really flat … but guess you never really end up folding your highchair after a while so is it still a small footprint (read something about the legs being wide apart … so does it end up actually taking up considerable room)?

--> I read some reviews online and some folks complained about the footrest being useless since its too far back. Is this a big issue when the baby gets older?
--> Also it is smaller than the Fisher Price Healthy Care highchair … so was wondering how much use you could get out of it. Do babies outgrow it pretty quickly? (like around the thighs etc)
--> Is it height adjustable to actually pull up to the dining table?
--> How sturdy is it on wood floors in the locked position? Would you recommend using a chair mat on the floor? I am guessing it just has the cheapo quality plastic wheels, how bad are these on wood floors?
--> DS can’t sit unsupported yet so I think we will be using the recline feature atleast initially, how easy it is to use?
--> How easy is it to move around?
--> How do the tray/inserts work? Is it close enough so the food actually falls on the tray instead of on the baby/seat?
--> Also do all the Contempos come with a second chair pad?
--> And the big question ... how easy is it to clean? (are there any nooks where food gets stuck and doesn't get out)
--> So if you had to, would you buy it again?

If there are any other comments you would like to add, please feel free to do so. Appreciate any help.

Thanks

KarenLud
01-17-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm interested in this too...