PDA

View Full Version : Another Disney/Maui stroller question -- UPDATE

bubbaray
01-09-2009, 05:44 PM
UPDATE

OK, so I"m a complete freak. I ordered a Volo (raspberry pink) today from AlbeeBaby, then found a PINK Esprit SunSpeed locally. So, I picked up that stroller today and cancelled the Volo order. Now, I'm having remorse. The Esprit is nice for what it is (cheap, bigger wheels, bigger canopy and pretty decent recline and it d/n seem tippy). And, its pink. So, of course, now BOTH DDs want pink strollers. Sigh.

Do I re-order the Volo from Albee? DH thought that it would be better if we took 2 reclining strollers in case they both sleep at Disney. I'm still thinking P3 for Maui.

I got a red Gate Check bag for the stroller and a car seat one today too, plus I also go the Sunshine Kids stroller bag on the weekend. I might bring along some bubblewrap too. I'll cry if my P3 get's hurt.

So, do I re-order the Volo?????

Save me from myself.

Melissa

Here is my original thread
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=311916

OK, so I don't think the BJMD will work. I think the canopy is too low for DD#1 (though I plan to try it IRL this weekend).

I'm also thinking that I will be VERY sad if anything happens to my beloved P3. I've travelled with an Atlantico in the past, but have sold that.

What about a Joovy Ultralight Caboose? It has a nice big basket for Disney and the airports. DD#1 could definitely sit/stand on the back, though it might not be comfy and she couldn't sleep. DD#2 would fit in the front, and I don't care about the limited recline as she d/n sleep in strollers anyway.

If not that, then I think I might get a Volo. The G-Lite is only to 40lbs, so won't work for DD#1, but the Volo goes to 55lbs and DD#1 is 39lbs.

Thoughts?

AnnieW625
01-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I was thinking the Joovy would be a good option for us to but then I realized that once the baby is out of the infant seat, and the older kid is in the standing area that it doesn't leave much room or privacy for the smaller child to sleep and I am not even sure the front seat reclines, and the older child gets no chance to sleep either.

I think a Volo or a Triumph will be your best bet. I think I'd find it easier to push two strollers esp. if your husband is going to be on the trips also.

Zansu
01-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Can you find a used Pliko or Zippy on CL or Swap? Use it for the trip and sell it when you get back?

For Maui, what about a GoGo Kidz to use for hauling seats through the airport, and baggage check the P3 in a duffle, well-padded with your clothes.

Or gate check the P3, after removing the canopy, cupholder, etc, and cross your fingers?

bubbaray
01-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Or gate check the P3, after removing the canopy, cupholder, etc, and cross your fingers?

That was my plan. If I go with the Volo, that is still the plan. If I get the Joovy, the P3 will stay safe at home.

bubbaray
01-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Bumpity bump bump

Save me! LOL

elektra
01-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Holy.
How about I buy a BJCED and loan it to you while you are here too? ;)
When you mentioned the possibility of the airlines kidnapping your stroller, I can see why the double is now out.
And unfortunately I don't yet have the experience in dealing with the 2 kids fighting over the one thing yet (pink stroller) to lend any advice on that front. But I really think you will like your p3 at Disneyland. It's the only thing I've ever brought there. They can lean forward better to see all the stuff, canopy, etc.

strollerqueen
01-13-2009, 03:21 AM
How about the $89 Buggster from Shnoop? AMAZING deal. Oh, they will probably list the SC Dazzle again at $99, too. Such bargains!

strollerqueen
01-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Also you could put a Red Castle Whizz seat pad on either the green or black Buggster. It would look great!

strollerqueen
01-13-2009, 03:24 AM
And ALSO, you could easily re-sell it locally when you are finished with it. You certainly won't lose any $$$.

bubbaray
01-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Janet, you're such an enabler, LOL.

OK, talk to me about the Buggster. How high are the handles -- is it like the Zapp (which is too short for me, I'm 5'9", DH is 6')???? Other than that, it looks like a winner.

TIA

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2009, 11:38 AM
First...I didn't get to read your final decision about the double, but...can you call your airline in advance or take it by the airport and let them see it first to get approval? Lisa said she's flown several times with her MBUD, and IIRC, my friend w/one said it isn't something she wanted to lift into her Ody often. It weighed the same as the BJCSD, I thought. Trips like this are the REASON we got a double with good sunshade and air tires -that can hold a larger/taller child.

Second... I say take the P3 as your 2nd single if you need it. I think you're likely to find yourself in a place where you don't need just 1 or 2 strollers, but that 1.5 strollers would be perfect for the family for some of your outings, like when DD1 DOES have the energy to walk. The problem I'd have with taking a 4 yo (even my 2.5 yo) and two singles is that each adult is forced to push a stroller the entire time if you take 2 singles. All.week.long. Nothing could be less vacationish to me than to be pushing an empty stroller hunched over for a week while trying to follow a walking kid. The double would mean that only person is pushing - heck, with the adjustable handle DD1 could be pushing. That's our DD's favorite thing in the world, "Mama, put you hands in you pockets. I pushin him!"

strollerqueen
01-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Yes, they are a little on the short side. All gone anyway!

strollerqueen
01-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Just PM'd you

bubbaray
01-14-2009, 12:49 AM
I looked this morning -- seems the seatback height would probably be a bit short anyway).

I ended up re-ordering the Volo. Now Shnoop has the SC MiniV2 for $19.... I didn't like V1 much, though, and I've always wanted a Volo.

strollerqueen
01-14-2009, 01:19 AM
That Volo is really cute!