PDA

View Full Version : Infant seat and frame to DW?

Ryemom
01-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm going in Feb and trying to decide which stroller is best to take...

DS will be 12 weeks when we go and is still in his Graco Infant Seat on the stroller frame. I was thinking to take this stroller as the main stroller (as well as a carrier) but now I'm thinking....should I take my P3 instead?

Will I need to bring the infant seat for the bus ride to the resort from airport? I'll be holding him for the flight.....

Or, in the P3, he can lay flat.......

Thoughts?

egoldber
01-09-2009, 10:15 PM
I would bring a stroller of some sort. Being in the infant seat all the time is too much. We took Amy to WDW when she was 3 months old, and used a Peg Venezia with a carseat adapter. I liked having the option of using the infant seat (and using it in the airport) but also having the full size stroller for her.

Are you using the Magical Express? In which case, that is a large motor coach type bus. You can leave the baby in the infant seat, but there are no seat belts.

Ryemom
01-09-2009, 11:43 PM
well either stroller I bring will be coupled with a carrier.

Yes, we are doing the magical express. I'm going to assume that the bus will want the baby in some sort of car seat right? Therefore, even if I brought my P3, I'd have to bring an infant seat as well right?

egoldber
01-10-2009, 09:08 AM
No, they won't care at all on the bus. There are no seatbelts and no carseats required. So if you bring the P3, you won't need a carseat.

But I liked having the infant seat in the hotel room, because you can use it in lieu of a bouncy seat. :)

JTsMom
01-10-2009, 11:03 AM
I would bring the carseat and the PP. If you bring the carseat on the plane, and there is an empty seat, you can use it, which would be a nice option to have. I've flown several times with DS, and almost every time there was an extra seat.

If there isn't, they will let you gate check the seat as you get on the plane.

belovedgandp
01-11-2009, 01:05 PM
We went in September 2007. Younger DS was 3 months old. We took the infant seat. We took a sit-n-stand because our older son was 3 1/2. He hadn't used a stroller for anything around here (zoo, amusement parks) for over a year, but there was no way he was going to hoof WDW for 6 days.

I'd actually vote for the frame. It's so much smaller and easier to for the on and off the buses. We tended to park the stroller in one area for at least a couple of hours. I'd put the DS in the sling, DH wore a small backpack with camera and essentials, we left a bag with the stroller with the replaceable extras (rain gear, change of clothes, back up diaper supply). We would explore that area before loading both kids back up (or sometimes only older one) into the stroller for long walks to next area.

The baby preferred the sling and could sleep and watch from there. The infant seat was nice for a nap when he really conked out. When the shuttle buses were packed I'd put him in the carrier because it was easier to prop it up on something when I was standing and talk to him. If the buses were empty I just continued to wear him in the sling.