PDA

View Full Version : WWYD? new coffee maker

Melaine
01-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I need a new coffee maker, and I have $50 store credit at Kmart (incidentally, my LEAST favorite store) so that's what it's going to be. Last night I picked up a Kenmore 12 cup something or another....can't find a link to it. for the exact amount on my card. Now I am re-thinking and wondering if I should fork over the rest of the cash to get a Bunn....it will be $50 or $60 more...which is a LOT....are Bunn coffeemakers really that much better? Does anyone know if I can use a store credit to buy something ONLINE at kmart? it doesn't work at Sears, does it?

Ok, and I know this is stupid but I am really sad that I can't seem to find a red coffee maker, because my old one, looked so pretty: http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-FTX261-12-Cup-Maker/dp/B000FTM34W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231596600&sr=8-2
even though it SUCKED!

JTsMom
01-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure if you can use the credit online or at Sears, but I wanted t mention that Kitchen Aid makes a red coffee maker too. I know you want to use the gift card, but one option is to ebay it, then take the money and buy what you really want.

I guess with something like a coffee maker, you have to deal with it every single day, so I'd say go for what you want.

amandabea
01-10-2009, 10:25 AM
I'd try it and if you don't like it over the next few days then take it back. I've never tried a Bunn (or even a Kenmore), so I can't help there and I don't know about using KMart gcs at Sears, but I wouldn't think so.

Personally, we have a Krups, which isn't perfect, but I really like it. I prefer a SS carafe though bc I don't like the way the coffee tastes it it stays in a glass carafe on the burner thing - it just gets too hot for my personal taste.

BTW - I hated my DH's Mr. Coffee when we first moved in together - that thing sucked.

JTsMom
01-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Ours is a Krups too. I'd never go back to a glass carafe again.

vludmilla
01-10-2009, 11:35 AM
We love, love, love our Cuisinart thermal carafe coffee maker. If you like to drink coffee throughout the morning or even throughout the day, it is so much better. It keeps coffee fresh and fairly hot for hours without it burning (because it is not being heated, it is just retaining the heat). I think they are about $90, maybe less on sale.

egoldber
01-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Definitely get one that brews into a thermal carafe if you can. I miss that *so much* when we travel!

rgavelis
01-10-2009, 12:21 PM
I've never owned a Bunn or a Kennmore coffee maker so I'm not sure what to tell you. I would definitely recommend the thermal carafe. That is one of the best features on the coffee maker that we have. Krups makes excellent coffee makers and I think you'd be ok with a Bunn. I haven't heard anyone I know who owns one say anything bad about them.

cheaperthanmost
01-10-2009, 01:23 PM
I went through at least 6 coffee makers in the last 3 years. I guess we have very hard water and they would only last about 6 months before all attempts of de liming them would not work anymore. We finally bought a bunn and that thing ROCKS. Thy are built simply so that you can clean them easily. I have had it for 1 1/2 years now with no problems. Spend the extra money on a bunn, you will not regret it. The other coffee makers that I tried were Mr. coffee and the Cuisinart . The cuisinart was the worst of the lot.

Melaine
01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks for everyone's help.....I think I've decided that I will get a nicer one, one way or another....I gotta have my coffee!