PDA

View Full Version : Can you remove the bassinet with baby inside?

pastrygirl
01-10-2009, 11:47 AM
For the strollers that have a bassinet option, can you remove the bassinet with the baby inside? I have a Mutsy Urban Rider (without a bassinet) and thought I saw a video review that said you have to take the baby out first before removing the bassinet. Does anyone know if that's true? When I remove the Fun Seat, I'm not quite able to hold it in place while unlatching it, so it tilts/falls a bit. There's no way I could take that seat off with my son in it.

What about MBUS/D, Vista, or BJCE?

MrsGoose
01-10-2009, 12:42 PM
For the strollers that have a bassinet option, can you remove the bassinet with the baby inside? I have a Mutsy Urban Rider (without a bassinet) and thought I saw a video review that said you have to take the baby out first before removing the bassinet. Does anyone know if that's true? When I remove the Fun Seat, I'm not quite able to hold it in place while unlatching it, so it tilts/falls a bit. There's no way I could take that seat off with my son in it.

What about MBUS/D, Vista, or BJCE?

to me, (don't know for sure) when I have looked @ the vista in the store it looked like you could take the bassinet from the frame w/ baby in it. Hopefully someone who owns one will come to confirm! :)

MamaKath
01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Depends on the stroller specifically, not sure on those.

Manufacturers do not typically recommend it for safety reasons. The bassinets tend to be bulky and awkward, they do not want to be sued if your baby rolls out.

kate2128
01-10-2009, 09:23 PM
I tried a Vista today and was able to take the bassinet off with my baby in it. The store owner said that was safe because of the way the bassinet is balanced. HTH.

edurnemk
01-10-2009, 10:24 PM
to me, (don't know for sure) when I have looked @ the vista in the store it looked like you could take the bassinet from the frame w/ baby in it. Hopefully someone who owns one will come to confirm! :)

I own the 2009 Vista and you can take it on and off the frame with the baby inside. Just make sure you hold it securely with both hands.

BeachBum
01-11-2009, 09:29 AM
I've never tried it.
But I have a MBUS and a MBUD and I think you could. The bassinet clips kind of fit around the frame and then lock down so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

pastrygirl
01-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the replies! I thought of this as I read other threads about bassinets, and how they come in handy for naps around the house. I pictured going for a long walk and having the baby fall asleep, and then being able to just bring the bassinet inside the house. I wouldn't bring the stroller in because the tires are too gross after walking around here (no sidewalks, lots of dirt and gravel).

That said, my son never fell asleep in his stroller, so I don't have high hopes for a future baby, LOL!

edurnemk
01-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Don't loose hope, every baby is different. My son always fell asleep in his stroller up until he was about 5 months. Whenever he refused to nap, I'd just take him for a walk. So maybe the new baby will like napping in the stroller.
I also love the bassinet for late-night outings and over-nights.

strollerqueen
01-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the replies! I thought of this as I read other threads about bassinets, and how they come in handy for naps around the house. I pictured going for a long walk and having the baby fall asleep, and then being able to just bring the bassinet inside the house. I wouldn't bring the stroller in because the tires are too gross after walking around here (no sidewalks, lots of dirt and gravel).

That said, my son never fell asleep in his stroller, so I don't have high hopes for a future baby, LOL!

That's how I use mine, and most everyone does that. That is kind of the whole point. I agree that saying you can't is a CYA thing from legal.