PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Pliko P3 Classico Wave, or ... Uppa Baby ?

MrsGoose
01-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Any thoughts!

Not good paving around me, deciding between a wave carseat or a snugride...tIA!

ETA: or maybe a skate? anyone know how much the skate weighs??

AnnieW625
01-10-2009, 05:50 PM
I really liked my snugride car seat. I recently went to BRUS and checked out the Peg Primo Viaggio car seat and thought it was okay, but I still think I like the snugride, safe seat, and the key fit a bit better. However I decided it would be silly to replace so we'll stick with our 06 snugride.

I had a used P3 that I wasn't very impressed with, but that was just me and the person I got it from could've taken better care of it (joints weren't oiled properly, and it was a pain to collapse). I thought the basket was kind of flimsy, as was the canopy, and I could never get the straps to adjust right. It did steer like a dream and was great for the mall. I wish I would've gotten a Venezia from the beginning (now the Uno, and maybe the same options as the Switch) because it had a few more features like the reversable handles, better padding, and it felt more solid. I haven't really played around with the Skate yet, however it does feel very solid. I think it is one of the heavier strollers on the market in the multiple use category. The $900 price of the Skate is kind of turn off to me though.

Not sure about the UppaBaby as I have yet to try one out myself.

meme9300
01-10-2009, 05:59 PM
IMHO if you are going to get a snugride, make sure it is one of the higher-end snugrides with the Gracopedic and the EPS foam. I think that the higher end snugrides are superior to many out there including the keyfit (sweaty material!) and the SIP (so expensive!).

edurnemk
01-10-2009, 10:38 PM
ETA: or maybe a skate? anyone know how much the skate weighs??

The 2008 weighs 34 lb, impossible to handle IMO. The 2009 will be lighter.
The 2008 is on sale on several websites, around 500 I think.

I own a 2009 Vista and I absolutely love it. We use the Graco Safe Seat with it, it's big and heavy but goes up to 30 lb, so we've gotten a lot of use out of it (DS is turning 1 next week and still fits). I usually prefer using the stroller seat, (or bassinet at first) but I love that I can take him out of the car without waking him when he dozes off or it's too cold (that's why I'm holding off on switching him to the convertible car seat).

MrsGoose
01-11-2009, 04:17 PM
thanks everyone. I don't want the heavy skate, but i don't want to pay the price for the new light one!!

Anyone have a bumbleride?!

leaning away from the peg carseat now.. either a snugride or a mia moda! :) Research keep changing my mind!

ebjw
01-12-2009, 12:13 PM
I love my 2009 Vista as well and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. We have only used it with the carseat adapter (Chicco) and bassinet so far, and they are both perfect. Folding and unfolding are no problem at all, and I don't think it's too heavy. Good customer service as well, they packed my green Vista (which comes in two boxes on the inside- the seat and frame then another box for the bassinet) with a silver basinnet, and they sent me a Vista travel bag for the inconvenience (thanks to the great customer service at Babyontherun.com as well for dealing with them for me). Yes, I did keep the silver bassinet- after all, it doesn't have to match the seat, they are never on there together. And now I'm happy I have two different colors! Anyways, I did alot of research on strollers, and once I discovered the Vista, it took all the others out of the running, as it had all the features I was looking for and some I didn't even know I wanted!

ebjw
01-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh, the Skate- once the price dropped on the 2008s, I really wanted this stroller- but of course the 34lbs was the deal breaker... and the price will definately go back up for the lighter 2009s, so it was out. Plus, I couldn't wait til spring for it to come out.
I have one friend with a Bumbleride Queen B and one with a Flyer, and neither of them recommend their strollers.