PDA

View Full Version : will this work or am I missing something...

Babywhite
01-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I have been searching and searching for some solution for all of the crafts/drawings/ etc. that DD makes at school/home, etc.

I think I have come up with a good idea for ours, but I'm worried. I know that once I do this and toss them, they are gone forever.

Here's my idea...
Keep all items until the next bday then take last year's things and ...
* choose 1-2 items and have them laminated
* take all of the rest from that year and take pics of them (in groups) then glue/tape on paper and laminate them (keep all of these in a box until next bday and then ... get rid of them)
*make a book with all of the laminated pages

Am I missing something? Will laminated pages still yellow or deteriorate or something over time?

Thanks for any help you can offer...

Babywhite

shawnandangel
01-10-2009, 04:35 PM
There was a thread on this awhile back, what mama's did with their kids crafts. I believe the mama was looking at how to display her child's work. I wish I could remember the name of that thread b/c it had really good ideas. . . Maybe do a search for craft or art or hang. I will look and see if I can find it for you.

I think your idea is great though! I don't know if laminate will yellow over time, I would think if done properly it wouldn't. So maybe not with a home laminating machine but have it professionaly done.

I wouldn't limit myself to 1-2 things though. I say this because in school she will probably make a mother's day craft or card, a father's day craft or card, and those would probably be my 2. What about Christmas/Easter/Thanksgiving? AHHHH! There's too much! I'm bad at this. Do not take any of my advice! :)

happymomma
01-10-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm not that artsy but what I've done before was take pictures of all the art that my DS had made and then put it in our photobook. I try to make a photobook for each child for each year so that they have something to have when they are older. I included the pictures that they had made and it turned out really nice. I've only done 2 so far and I really should do more but haven't had the chance.

amldaley
01-10-2009, 04:44 PM
It shouldn't yellow over time but it may lose it's luster or go a little cloudy.

lisams
01-10-2009, 04:48 PM
For me that would be too much work, lol, but it does sound like a great plan! I just keep pieces that seem to have a significance or that seem extra special. I do keep larger paintings and drawings and use them for gift wrap for relatives, I just roll them up and store them with the gift wrap. A lot of their projects go into the "special filing system" AKA garbage. I'm a bad mommy.

My kids seem to make tons and tons of art projects, so there's no way I could hold onto them for a year. I'd have tubs and tubs to go through and wouldn't feel very motivated to go through all of that.

For the ones I keep I do write down why I kept it, the date and how old they were.

shawnandangel
01-10-2009, 05:01 PM
ok found it! Here's the thread. I thought it had some great ideas.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=171090&highlight=art+work