PDA

View Full Version : uppa g-luxe, anyone?

jsgless
01-10-2009, 04:26 PM
we are torn between the maclaren quest and the uppa baby g-luxe. unfortunately, we have been unable to find a g-luxe anywhere to test out, and we are hesitant to buy online without having tried it... does anyone have any input into the g-luxe!? i know lots of people love their macs, just want to see if the g-luxe is worth trying?

ps- we have a BOB revolution for outside activities, looking for lightweight stroller for stores and inside activities! thanks!!

meme9300
01-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I went to Buy Buy Baby because I too was between the g luxe and the mac quest. Even the salesperson disuaded us from considering the g luxe. To be frank, it totally sucks compared to the mac quest. Yes, it is a bit lighter but the canopy is made of stretchy material (like spandex pants) and the overall steer and construction is subpar compared to the quest.

As you can probably tell, I bought the quest and couldn't be happier!

jsgless
01-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Well, after much debate, and the opinions of a few friends and meme9300, i decided on the mac quest - ordered it on amazon, and just waiting for it in the mail - can't wait to try it out! thanks for your help...

meme9300
01-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Great purchase!

I honestly am perplexed by the good reviews on the g-luxe. Sure, it is way better than a $10 kolcraft umbrella you can get at wal-mart, but in terms of something durable and fuctional it is nothing compared to the macs. Even the mac triumph, probably a better comparison to the g-luxe is WAAAAAY nicer!