PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Teach Me Time Talking Alarm Clock?

twindad
01-10-2009, 11:17 PM
We saw this in the latest issue of Wondertime:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Innovative-Teach-Talking-Nightlight/dp/B0019IHE8I/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

We are looking for something to keep our daughters in bed past 5:45 am.

94bruin
01-11-2009, 03:55 PM
We have one, and it worked great with dd. It may have taken her one or two days to get it, but it works!

happy2bamom
01-11-2009, 04:10 PM
We have one and I highly recommend it! DS gets up super early. I have the clock set so that it turns green at 7:30, which is when he is allowed out of his bed. I explained it the night before and he caught on right away (he is 4). It has made our mornings so much more enjoyable!

kristenk
01-11-2009, 04:24 PM
We have one. At first I was disappointed with it b/c I was expecting the quality to be higher. It's okay, just not super high quality and I'm not really sure what I was expecting.

For the past who knows how many years, DD has been coming into our bed in the middle of the night. We're now using the clock along with a sticker chart to encourage her to stay in her room until the clock turns green. I think it's working.

If you or your child wants their room to be completely dark, it won't be with the clock in there. The feet of the clock glow and (I think) you can't turn them off. DD sleeps with her door slightly open so it doesn't matter in our case.

I think it will also help when she's learning to tell time, but we're not working on that part right now. All in all, I've been happy with it.

denvergal
01-11-2009, 08:54 PM
we have two, one for each of our kids (5 & 3)! they love it and it works great! they don't come into our rooms until it turns green. that part alone makes it worth its weight in gold! it taught our 2 year old to be able to read clocks (for example being able to read 2:52 pm).
we also have the timer from the same company and we like that as well. we use for time outs and also for that last activity before nap and bedtime so they know how long they have left. it's nice because prior to this we would tell them that they have 5 minutes until bed, which meant nothing to them and come nap time, they would fight it but now they know that when that timer goes off, it's time for bed! technically, you could use any timer but the decreasing bars provide a nice visual for little kids.

twindad
01-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Thank you! We are going to order one today.