PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me get a good deal at Picture People?

ShanaMama
01-11-2009, 12:58 AM
I'd really like to take my girls there but don't want to pay tons! I have gone for professional pics exactly 2x since DD1 was born and no times since DD2! I know I've seen people here that have it down to a science. All I know about is a coupon for a free 8x10 or 10x13. I'd like to get a few sheets for grandparents, etc. TIA!

pomegranate
01-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Try signing up for the emails on the Picture People website. They send you emails regularly (at least once a month, sometimes more). Besides the free 8x10 or 10x13, there are usually additional deals like 20% off rest of purchase. I thought I saw once last month for 40% off entire purchase but that might have been a holiday special only. Good luck!

pillsnberries
01-11-2009, 02:40 AM
there are better deals around, but here are 2 that I have which are still valid.

http://www.picturepeople.com/promotion/email/infant2008/infant_L4_dec.html

http://www.picturepeople.com/promotion/email/vday_2009/vd1_landing1.html

The Entertainment book has a coupon inside for free 8x10 plus 30% off. But sign up for emails. They come pretty often.

lexie's mom
01-11-2009, 10:57 AM
FYI - they may not let you use the 15% off on the packages that have the frames in them. I also joined the "club" but not sure if it is worth your while if you do not use it a few times throughout the year. I just came back from there and $275 later...

mom2mack&max
01-11-2009, 11:57 AM
i just used the 30% off + free 8x10 from the Entertainment book. I also signed up for the portrait club (39.95). With this you get a free portrait sheet, $10 off, and a few other perks (can be used 3 times a yr I think). Worthwhile if you will be going more than once in a year. I also got very lucky & walked by the store on Black Friday. They were selling gift cards for half price until 9am - purchase a $50gc for $25, $100 for $50.. I have never gotten out of that place spending so little. It was great!

ShanaMama
01-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the links and info. I knew I had seen a pp post about the portrait club before, but wasn't sure what the deal was. I would go more often if I go to Picture People- what I find so hard is finally getting out to take the pictures and then not coming home with them that day. Getting out to pick them up could take months! That's why PicPeople appeals to me.
I know if I don't look into it beforehand I'll make an impulsive decision on the spot to purchase the most expensive packet. Rational thinking and balancing two cranky kids (trying to keep them happy) don't go together very well.

Here is a link to a 20% off coupon that I found:
http://www.picturepeople.com/promotion/web_landing.html

JTsMom
01-11-2009, 10:38 PM
It may have been my post that you saw. I do have the Portrait Club, and I time it so that I can get 3 uses out of it- 2 bdays + Christmas for example. You really have to do 3 visits to get the full value from it.

Then, I use one of those coupons for a free sheet- so that's $10 off, + 2 free sheets. I usually just buy 3 8X10's- I refuse to buy the packages. That means I get out for $10. :) Over Christmas, I had a B1G2 free, so I got 4 8X10's for that price.

I'd think about whether or not you *really* need a package. Of course, with 2 kids, you may, b/c you may want individual pics of each kid.