PDA

View Full Version : Automoblox Minis....worth getting?

alien_host
01-11-2009, 01:59 PM
So does anyone have both the BIG automoblox AND the minis? Does your DC like the minis?

My 3.5 year old DD loves the big cars. We end up taking one to the restaurant as entertainment (and she wants to bring more). I was wondering if it's worth getting a set of minis for restaurant/airplane etc use.

Any thoughts?

1964pandora
01-11-2009, 02:01 PM
We have large and mini automoblox and I much prefer the large. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think that mini's are as well made as the large ones.

alien_host
01-11-2009, 02:03 PM
We have large and mini automoblox and I much prefer the large. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think that mini's are as well made as the large ones.

That's interesting and good to know. I think the quality of the large cars is excellent, I'm disappointed to hear that about the minis.

Are the parts for the mini "really" small? I'm not really sure how big the car is. I'm thinking about the lost part factor.

ETA: Do the minis have the same functionality - removable wheels, axels, people, top? Or are they a lot simpler? I need to find a B&M store and check them out in person. Anyone know if Target still carries them in store?

westgre
01-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't have the regular sized ones -- only the minis. DS got them for Christmas and has played with them everyday. There aren't any people, but the wheels, tires, and tops all come apart. They're a big hit around here.

vludmilla
01-11-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't have the regular sized ones -- only the minis. DS got them for Christmas and has played with them everyday. There aren't any people, but the wheels, tires, and tops all come apart. They're a big hit around here.

Same here. DD likes them a lot.

hellokitty
01-11-2009, 02:45 PM
We have many of the mini's. I heard the quality isn't as good as the full sized ones. What REALLY annoys me is that the tires comes off of the wheels. I wish they wouldn't have made them like this, b/c those little rubber treads are very delicate AND easy to lose. My kids have broken some of these and lost a few, so now we have some wheels w/o the tire (tread) part.

Ceepa
01-11-2009, 03:30 PM

:yeahthat:

Love the large ones. The minis are fun, but not worth spending $10-15 each, IMO. I also don't like how easily the tires/treads come off. DS broke a tread pulling it like a rubber band.

katydid1971
01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
We have both and my DS prfefers the minis. He keeps three in a little backpack and they are perfect for restaurants, dr.'s offices etc. I haven't paid more than $7 each and bought them for DNs too. Watch for sales online.

pastrygirl
01-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Love the large ones; lost lots of parts on the mini one. I got the mini on clearance at Target for around $3, so I'm not too upset about the missing parts. If any parts on the big one go missing, I'll turn the house upside-down to find them!