PDA

View Full Version : Cosleeping kids

kristac
01-11-2009, 08:52 PM
The only way I can get DS2 (18 months) to go back to sleep in the middle of the night lately is to lay down on the bed in his room (he is in the crib). I wonder if maybe he would sleep better if he shared a room with his 4 year old brother. Anyone sucessfully make a transition from sleeping with mom/dad to sleeping with a sibling?

brittone2
01-11-2009, 09:01 PM
The only way I can get DS2 (18 months) to go back to sleep in the middle of the night lately is to lay down on the bed in his room (he is in the crib). I wonder if maybe he would sleep better if he shared a room with his 4 year old brother. Anyone sucessfully make a transition from sleeping with mom/dad to sleeping with a sibling?

I'd love to know. I don't mind cosleeping w/ DD but my kids insist they'd like to sleep in teh same room sometimes. DD is newly 2 and still nurses, so I don't see it working very well in the middle of the night :p

Thanks for starting this thread though. I'm curious for the future :)

Wife_and_mommy
01-11-2009, 09:46 PM
I'd probably try it but we don't have a need so haven't yet. My kiddos do enjoy sharing a bed but sleeping doesn't usually happen esp. by the younger one. ;) He's almost 3.

I'll probably be more willing to try it this summer when he's a bit older and we don't have set plans in the a.m.

egoldber
01-11-2009, 10:02 PM
I would totally try this but I am am scared crapless that Amy will wake Sarah up and Sarah *needs* her sleep. Even at 7 she is in bed by 8:30 and sleeps until 7/7:30 and even occasionally (this morning 8/8:30). She is wiped at the end of the school day and I can't imagine her getting less sleep!

MamaKath
01-11-2009, 11:46 PM
How does the 4 year old sleep? Will 4 yo be able to sleep through a toddler waking?
It did work well for mine.