PDA

View Full Version : How do you read Facebook?

LD92599
01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm sure users "read" it differently but i'm curious how most of us "read" facebook. For instance i have my bookmark set to go to the page where I can read friends comments plus the comments added to those comments by others users ( i think this might be status updates). I don't typically click through to friends pages and tend to only communicate via comments. Maybe that's because i try to limit myself to 5-10 minutes/day?

Anyone else care to share how they read facebook?

Thanks!!

KarenLud
01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I do the same thing..home and read through people's status, look at pictures, etc.

LarsMal
01-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I go to my home page first (I think that's what comes up when you log in). I read the News Feed and then the status updates. I will also check my inbox and any notifications I have. Then I go to my profile for a few minutes. Not much new there that isn't on my home page.

I don't generally go to friends' pages either, just depends on how much time I have.

I do put a lot of pics up on FB, so I will spend time adding that to my profile.

I also update my status quite frequently. I think that's part of the fun of FB!

TraciG
01-11-2009, 10:24 PM
I just joined FB recently, but I feel once I find out about High school friend's what else will there be for me to do there ? It's intersting to find out about their live's but then what ?

I did put up pic's , fun to hear the comment's about them .

tylersmama
01-12-2009, 12:00 AM
I skim the news on the home page for anything interesting and then page down through people's status. My friends seem to have a lot of funny and/or interesting stuff to say, so I go through and comment where I feel the need. I've reconnected with several old friends, even met my freshman year roommate for lunch over the holidays...I hadn't seen or talked to her in over 10 years!

deannanb
01-12-2009, 12:19 AM
I look at the "home" page first -
then any requests -
and then I go to the (Lil) Green Patch to send out plants
(I love the little plants - I want them all!)
I will look at friend's pages only if they have posted pictures which I click on and it takes me to their page.

AngelaS
01-12-2009, 08:27 AM
I open the Home page and open new tabs for anything from there I want to read. I click the Notifications button in the bottom right corner for anything else that pertains to comments I've made and such and open new tabs for any of those as well. Then I go to my profile page to see if I have anything intresting to read there.