PDA

View Full Version : "Feet" for the learning tower?

nupe
01-11-2009, 10:52 PM
I got a learning tower recently but am reluctant to use it since I am concerned it will scratch up wood floors. Does anyone have any suggestions for feet? I think if I used the felt stick on things they would slide off. I also see that there is plastic on the bottom of the KZ/trip trap. So maybe plastic things I could nail onto the learning tower? Any other recs?

s_gosney
01-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I haven't tried it yet as we also just got our LT, but I was planning on putting felt on it. If the pre-cut ones don't seem like they would work, maybe you could buy a sheet of felt, cut pieces to size and glue them on? This may be completely unworkable (I am not the handy one in our family), but this is my plan. Looking forward to reading the other replies.

hillview
01-12-2009, 09:21 AM
My friend got some felt that was backed with adhesive (found in the felt feet aisle of home depot she said) and that seems to have worked. It has been on my list of things to do for like a year. It DOES scratch your HW floors!
/hillary

twindad
01-12-2009, 11:25 AM
We put some self-adhesive rubber strips on our LT feet. We found them at Home Depot. They keep the LT from sliding around and we haven't had any scratches on our hardwood floor. They also haven't peeled back or come of in almost 3 years of use.

ThreeofUs
01-12-2009, 11:36 AM
My friend got some felt that was backed with adhesive (found in the felt feet aisle of home depot she said) and that seems to have worked.

This is what we do. Get good felt w/ strong glue.

hellokitty
01-12-2009, 12:08 PM
It doesn't look really fantastic, but we put a white drop cloth underneath our learning toward and slide it around that way. Plus, the kids always seem to drop a lot of crumbs and stuff when they are on it, so it makes clean up easier too.

nupe
01-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks for all the ideas!

How about Slipstick foot? Sound like the sliders, but these claim to have the option of keeping something in place and yet making it movable on an angle, not sure if I could do this with the LT. And important for me, can be orderd from amazon.
http://www.slipstick.com.au/products.htm

nupe
02-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I went to Lowe's and found felt w/adhesive in short strips, 3inches by 1/2 inch. I covered over 1/2 the surface area of the base and it is working great, even for dragging, which I didn't think I could do.

Thanks again for all the ideas.