PDA

View Full Version : So, what would you most like to read?

Melaine
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Since I was a very very little girl, I loved to write. It's something I've always done and even needed to do, to express myself. It gives me a satisfaction that I really haven't found anywhere else. In many ways, I would say it is my calling. Lately, I've allowed my responsibilities as wife and mother to overshadow any ambitions to write. Finally, I've decided I just can't ignore something that is such an organic part of me, and I've determined to revisit my first passion in life...writing.
So, this board represents my peer group and a great opportunity for me to glean ideas for writing. So my question is this, what do you most like to read? Any ideas for articles that I could write? I have so many ideas in my head, I just don't know where to start. Getting published is a distant hope, honing my skills is the primary goal. I will probably self-publish via my blog and then ask you guys for feedback! Thanks for any suggestions, ideas, encouragement, etc!

pinkmomagain
01-12-2009, 12:57 PM
I don't have any suggestions for topics (gosh, I enjoy reading about lots of different things)....but I'll encourage to go for it! It's so great to have a passion and to carve out some time to honor yourself. Good luck! Just start writing and see where it takes you....

hillview
01-12-2009, 02:14 PM
I like reading blogs about other mom's and the challenges they have. I'd love to read a book about balancing healthy eating/lifestyles with reality. I'd like to read more about cooking for a family (tips/meal plans/recipes).

HTH!
/hillary

Melaine
01-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks guys....I would really like the balancing eating/reality thing too....not sure I am qualified to write about it unless I put a lot of research into it. Unless I compile tips from other people. Actually that would be a really AWESOME project because the time I put into it would really help my family and my own lifestyle, ykwim? I've thought about doing something about the challenges of raising multiples....or maybe dating/relationships from a Christian perspective. A lot of times I get so overwhelmed because I can't settle down to specific idea, because I want to write about EVERYTHING....so I need to plan ahead this time...

lizajane
01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
i like to read about real characters. they can be fictional people, but people who could exist. i like to be able to connect with the characters and what they are enjoying, enduring, experiencing...

i like to read about people's experiences in order to learn from them myself.

i like to read funny stories that are true and could happen in my own life that make me remember things that are funny in my own life.

i like to read about how people connect.

i like to read about how people accomplish goals or overcome adversity.

i like to read stories of triumph.