PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me what you dislike/like about your FP Rainforest Healthy Care Highchair?

slworld
01-12-2009, 03:46 PM
DS is 6 months old and just started solids. We don’t have a lot of room in the kitchen and our dinette has only 2 chairs so a booster really won’t work (not a very sturdy set either). We bought the FP Precious Planet highchair. I didn't find any reviews online since its pretty new I guess. The features seem pretty similar to the Rainforest one so I was hoping to get some reviews about it before assembling it. Basically looking for info on size, safety, ease of use, maintenenace/cleaning, how long you used it before DC outgrew it, what you hated about it and if you would buy it again.

If there are any other comments you would like to add, please feel free to do so. Appreciate any help.

Thanks

new_mommy25
01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
We didn't have the FP Rainforest chair but we did have two older versions, Noahs Ark and Ocean Wonders. That's right, we liked the chair so much we had two!!

Assembly is easy. Just follow directions. As far as safety, it seems really secure. Because of the way the bottom is it's really impossible to slip out. It has a 5 point harness but we never used it. You can recline it which was great when my DD was an infant and I needed somewhere to put her while cooking. As far as cleaning, I would do a wipe down with a damp rag after each meal and at the end of the night would spray and wipe down to sanitize. Every now and again I would take the cover off the chair and run it through the washing machine on gentle. I love the extra tray inserts it comes with because you just run them through the dishwasher instead of having to wash the entire tray. One of our chairs came with 3 inserts and the other came with 1 insert and a toy. It was perfect because there was one for every meal.

My DS used the chair until he was almost 3.5! The weight limit was pretty high IIRC. The last year or two we used it without the tray and just pushed up to the table like a booster. It was perfect and he only stopped using it because my DD needed it. My DD is now 2.5 and we don't have the chairs anymore just to free up space. I think she used the chairs until she was about 20 months old and then we switched to the Cooshie Booster for the dining room and a hook on chair for our outside patio table (where we eat dinner most nights). Now both kids have Kettler wooden chairs and I think those are great too.