PDA

View Full Version : Albeebaby going out of business???? - rumor - not true according to Albeebaby

hellokitty1
01-12-2009, 04:19 PM
jogginstroller.com just told me that albeebaby.com is going out of business. I asked joggingstroller.com if they would price match albee and they said theyc ould not because albee was going out of business.

anyone heard this?

strollerqueen
01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow, I hope not! Love them! :(

Melaine
01-12-2009, 04:33 PM
WHAT?!?! with babycenter.com out of the picture, I will be really upset!

hellokitty1
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Just to add that I found the same price on amazon through chitchatbaby so i asked joggingstroller.com again about a price match with chitchatbaby. this time they did not tell me they were going out of business but they politely declined to price match.

strollerqueen
01-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Just got off the phone with AB, and they said there is absolutely no truth to that. Whew. Wonder where joggingstroller.com got their info?

hellokitty1
01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Just got off the phone with AB, and they said there is absolutely no truth to that. Whew. Wonder where joggingstroller.com got their info?

Thanks. Then I'll definitely consider Albeebaby for the purchase. I'll incur the $25 restocking fee ONLY if I return it which will still make me better off then joggingstroller.com.

On a related post, I know that this is the 2008 BJ City Elite version I am considering and there are improvements, but won't there be improvements every year that I will eventually miss out on? :48: Did the 2008 have some real issues? I know I shouldn't just shop on price but this is the Baby Bargains Board after all and price matters.

MamaKath
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM

Certainly makes me VERY hesitant to recommend Joggingstroller.com anymore!!! I hate when stores bad mouth each other, in an apparent effort to try to get more customers.

maylips
01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
... but won't there be improvements every year that I will eventually miss out on? :48: .

Hence the problem with all of us who painfully research strollers! I don't know what the differences are, but YES - I have learned that each year, you miss out on something great that you wish you had. It's worse than a car addiction.

But, I will say that I bought a 2007 BJCSS when the 2007 1/2 were out and I wish I had spent the extra money and bought the 2007 1/2. I don't know what the '08 vs. '09 differences are, but find out and ask on this board. It may not make a difference, but it might, and you'll have the stroller for a long time!

Oh, and Albee Baby's MINIMUM restocking fee is $25, so you may want to find out what a stroller would be (I was just trying to return a snack tray). They are fine if you don't return, but just wanted you to know.

WatchingThemGrow
01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Did the 2008 have some real issues?
The single Classic/Elite didn't have suspension and the 2009 model does. IMO that would make a HUGE difference in the stroller. I wouldn't want a 2008 for that reason. The 2008 double DID have suspension, but mine made noise and they replaced the whole frame. They were great about it, but I'd rather not have had to call about it. It seems like they are really listening and fixing things. I think it depends from product to product and what's important to you.

bubbaray
01-13-2009, 12:29 AM
I spoke with them today too (unrelated stroller dealings) and they are DEFINITELY NOT going OOB and they are NOT happy with joggingstroller.com.

hellokitty1
01-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Certainly makes me VERY hesitant to recommend Joggingstroller.com anymore!!! I hate when stores bad mouth each other, in an apparent effort to try to get more customers.

ITA! Which is why I did not end up ordering there anyway.