PDA

View Full Version : Organizational ideas for diaper bag? A purseket?

lucybabymamma
01-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Has anyone tried using a purseket for your diaper bag?
http://purseket.com/

I am trying to keep my diaper bag from becoming landfill while also using it as a purse (instead of toting both) and I like to use different bags sometimes so I thought this might work...any thoughts or suggestions -- from people using this or other ideas?

neeleymartin
01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
looks cute. but it also looks like the item that i would buy and use for about a week. sometimes i have trouble with things that are too organized. everything in it's place is too confusing to my brain. i know this sounds crazy, but... my diaper bag is an llbean tote with no zipper. just open. i own a skip hop too, but i can never remember which pocket has what i am looking for. i hope that makes sense.

i use a small bag, about 4"x7". it has a small handle and a zipper closure. it's made of canvas. i like it b/c i can yank it out the run into the store for a quick item, without bringing the whole diaper bag in. that was the other thing that bothered me about the super cute purseket.

if it seems to fit your needs, go for it. wouldn't work for me.

lucybabymamma
01-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Good point! I am an organizational wanna be (with stacks of organizational tools that are waiting to be organized -- ha)! I think a few bags will likely do the trick and I'll save some cash...thanks!

ahrimie
01-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I looked at these before too because I just carry a tote but I agree, it's not helpful to have too many pockets. In my tote, I have a couple pouches where I store like things. A pouch for diapers, in the pocket I have lipgloss/keys/phone, the sides are "held" up by my changing pad and wipes on one side, coupons in a ziploc on the other... and on the very bottom, I put everything else.

nrp
01-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I have a pouchee (http://pouchee.com) and I love it. I am totally organizationally challenged, and this has helped a lot. I use it just as you suggested, in my diaper bag to keep MY stuff separate from the baby stuff. And on the rare occasion that I actually use a grown-up purse, I can just pull the little pouch out. It's really a glorified wallet, but it has lots of room in the main pockets for checkbook, cash, random cards, etc. And it has a great pocket for lip gloss!