PDA

View Full Version : Lea industries furniture quality?

jennieb
01-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi all-
I'm shopping for a dresser for my daughter's room. I like the look of the Lea Getaway 6 drawer dresser but haven't found it in a store yet. Before I buy online, does anyone have any experience with the quality of Lea furniture?

Thanks!
Jen B

MaddieBoo
01-13-2009, 11:19 AM
I know as of a few years ago I was not impressed with the quality. It definitely was cheesy in quality and was a few steps worse than the Stanley we compared it to. There might be a reason why no furniture store carries it in your area.

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I remember looking at their website, and maybe seeing the stuff in person at FLS in NC. I don't remember it beyond thinking a few of the pieces were cute, because we chose to get Stanley YA rooms instead. Maybe you can talk to a salesperson there who can tell you more about the quality. http://www.furniturelandsouth.com/bin/adv_search.pl?CTRL=Y&CTRL=Y&product=&manufacturer_number=5456000&category_number=28&collection_number=&style_number=&item_number=&quality_number=&total=50&searchcriteria=Lea+Industries+-+Childrens+Bedroom

ETA: I was on the FurniturelandSouth website- the advanced search function and found that Stanley comes up in the Quality listing as $$$ better, but Lea comes up as $$ Good.