PDA

View Full Version : Intelligender - tell me it isn't worth it

Mommy Of A Little Angel
01-12-2009, 11:11 PM
My ultrasound isn't scheduled for 3+ weeks and it is killing me not to know what this baby is. I found out at 18.5 weeks with DD so this seems like an eternity! I am tempted to buy the Intelligender kit, but I am pretty sure it isn't very accurate. Of course, it's only like $40 so it's not a big loss, right? But, really, it's not going to be that accurate, right? I need to be more patient!!

Melaine
01-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I never heard of that.....cool!
It blows my mind that people go all the way until the birth without finding out the sex. That's seriously impressive will power!
When I went to get my ultrasound at 20 weeks, I was unbelieveably excited to find out if I was having a boy or a girl. SURPRISE....I was having twins of mystery genders!
One of each?
Two boys?
Two girls?
I thought the suspense was going to kill me.
Then at the next ultrasound, they could only get a good look at one of them, so I was still half in the dark for another couple weeks...
It is SO hard to wait!!!

Clarity
01-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I remember reading a review of that....here: http://spillingthebeans.net/?p=769

Piglet
01-13-2009, 01:13 AM
I can commiserate! I asked to know the gender of all 3 kids and 2 of them did not cooperate :( The reality is that I survive all 2 pregnancies and honestly, in retrospect, the ones that I didn;t know were more fun. That having been said, at the time, I was not amused at my private kiddos. One had the gall to have her legs crossed in EVERY single U/S! Granted, I was totally expecting a boy and when they announced she was a girl, the only thing I could say was "SHUT UP!?". I thought the doctor was joking, LOL.

All this to say... just give it a few more weeks (or months). You will have lots of time left to shop and plan after your U/S. Better to have an accurate U/S than an inaccurate home thingy.

Davids-Coco
01-13-2009, 01:32 AM
There are a ton of reviews out there that it doesn't work. There is also some data that is suggesting that it is as accurate as a pH strip and works off the pH in urine. However, that is something that can be skewed by what you eat.

sariana
01-13-2009, 01:40 AM
"One had the gall to have her legs crossed in EVERY single U/S! Granted, I was totally expecting a boy and when they announced she was a girl, the only thing I could say was "SHUT UP!?". I thought the doctor was joking, LOL."

Piglet, you should have known she was a girl. A boy would have been showing it off!

(Sorry, that was supposed to be quoted, but I messed it up.)

deannanb
01-13-2009, 08:27 AM
We didn't find out the sex with my 4 year old - and after the 20 week hump, it was easy to wait - and a nice surprise

with the baby - it was torture to wait the 20 weeks to find out - I was crossing my fingers they would try at 18 weeks - but they wouldn't.

You can do it! I dare you to go 9 months without finding out! =)

June Mommy2
01-13-2009, 10:38 AM
I've known 2 ladies who tried Intelligender recently and the results were wrong for both of them.

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Not worth it. Just wait it out or reschedule your U/S for sooner :)

We thought we could be cool and wait it out, but even our OB said she'd be surprised if WE had waited. She knows us too well these past few years...

In the meantime, just make a set of stuff you'd like for a "boy" and a set of stuff you'd like for a "girl" and don't buy anything until you know for sure.

Even though we found out boy on Friday, I tried to get her to double check this morning, but the baby wouldn't cooperate.