PDA

View Full Version : Ikea Leksvik- thoughts

EQ_Bo_07
01-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Heard good review about the crib, but have not see in. Is it worth going to Ikea?

elektra
01-13-2009, 02:13 PM
If you live near an IKEA, it's worth checking out in person IMO. DH and I just went over the weekend and we personally like the Gulliver or Hermelin.

bluestarfish18
01-13-2009, 02:21 PM
It's a great line of furniture, but I didn't like their crib too much. The 7-drawer desser is prefect as a chaning table, and the bedside table fits well in our room. I like that it's sturdy, strong and doesn't scream IKEA.

SnuggleBuggles
01-13-2009, 02:53 PM
I have the dresser and am very pleased w/ how it's made. Based on that I would check out the crib too.

Beth

goshinkansen
01-18-2009, 04:17 PM
I saw it the other day. I didn't like the color of the finish, but I tend to be picky and like rich, dark wood colors. I'm having a girl, and even though I'm not at all girly, the Leksvik really seemed like boy furniture to me. I could definitely see it transformed into a boy's twin bed.

It was very sturdy, though. I shook them all, and it was one of the ones that didn't wiggle around at all.

C99
01-18-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm having a girl, and even though I'm not at all girly, the Leksvik really seemed like boy furniture to me.

I'm laughing because my best friend has used her IKEA Levsik line (including crib) for 2 girls and 1 boy. I don't think a crib's finish is gender-specific. Both my boys and my girl slept in our lightwood Sorelle crib w/ scallop-design ends.