PDA

View Full Version : BabyGanics for CD?

dukie41181
01-13-2009, 03:01 PM
I am thinking of heading out to BRU to take advantage of the BOGO deal on BabyGanics but first wanted to be sure that it would work well with Bum Genius and Fuzzi Bunz. We are embarking on the task of washing everything for our baby as she is due in about a month now!

TIA!

dukie41181
01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Bumping...

american_mama
01-17-2009, 01:31 AM
I have never heard of this for cding, so I had to google this. It's a line of organic cleaning products, so I assume you are looking at the laundry detergent? The ingredients are listed as:

"Various naturally derived plant based cleaning agents (coconut, palm kernel & corn based surfactants), natural stabilizing agents, natural conditioning agent (derived from sugar), natural enzymes, water."

I would recommend against it. It sounds more like a soap based product, which is chemically different from a detergent (not really sure how) and most CD advice recommends against soaps. Why? Because they usually don't rinse out clean, thus leading to build up that holds on to odors and coats the fabrics and creates leaks. I know the website said it rinses clean, but I am suspicious.

In general, I will say that laundry recommendations for cloth diapers are often contradictory, so I go with what is simple and most generally recommended. My preference is to use Tide, although I have dabbled with Sensiclean/Sportswash (made to preserve the waterproofing on sport and hunting gear). I think Tide and Costco detergent works best.