PDA

View Full Version : A entire day to myself and I . . .

trales
01-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Cleaned the house from top to bottom and painted a homemade learning tower for DD. It was so nice to do floors without help, not have to clean the same thing up 12 times, vacuum cracker crumbs etc. DH took DD to Boston with him all day. I have put in 7 hours of full time cleaning and painting, the house looks and smells great. I am thinking of climbing into bed with some candles, a book, and bottle of wine and shutting the door when they get home and enjoying my new clean, clutter free, toy free space. ahhhhhh.

There are no toys on my kitchen floor, the sink is EMPTY.

This is the first time in 22 months I have been at home all day without DD.

wendibird22
01-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Wow mama! You are far more disciplined than I am. I would still be in my pj's, sans bra, curled up on the sofa with the remote in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, enjoying the downtime I haven't had in 17mos. Of course at the end of the day I'd kick myself for having wasted the day.

happymomma
01-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Wow mama! You are far more disciplined than I am. I would still be in my pj's, sans bra, curled up on the sofa with the remote in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, enjoying the downtime I haven't had in 17mos. Of course at the end of the day I'd kick myself for having wasted the day.

That is probably what I would have done. I love sitting on the couch with the remote and curled up under a blanket. I miss those days!

trales
01-13-2009, 04:43 PM
If we had TV, I might have been tempted.

I forgot the mention that prior to cleaning, you had to scale the mountain of clean laundry to get to one toilet, and the pile of dirty laundry to get to the other .

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow. I'm with Wendibird, doing the couch thing. Did you say that was all in 7 hours?

octmom
01-13-2009, 04:47 PM
I am impressed! Enjoy your CLEAN home! :applause:

SnuggleBuggles
01-13-2009, 04:47 PM
That's what I usually do when I get that rare day alone. It is so nice to be able to work without anyone making a mess behind you! My friend, a wohm, said she was thinking about taking a day off every 2 weeks to clean in peace (kids would be at school or daycare). I commented that that would sure be nice. She said, "but you're a sahm, why would you need a day to clean in peace?". Ah! Because it is just easier and more productive!

Go enjoy the rest of your free time. :)

Beth

maestramommy
01-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Alright! Good for you! Being productive AND you still get to enjoy yourself! Have a wonderful remainder of your day off! :cheerleader1:

amandabea
01-13-2009, 04:50 PM

for a second there I thought you were me! That is so what I end up doing...and then regretting

Mommy Of A Little Angel
01-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Wow! I am so jealous that you not only got a day off but you actually took advantage of it and tackled the house! I so need a day like that, but I don't see it coming anytime soon. Of course, if given the chance, I'd probably be on my butt in front of the tv with some yummy food! Way to go!

salsah
01-13-2009, 07:05 PM
how wonderful!

scoop22
01-13-2009, 08:39 PM
when i had my one day to myself i shopped and was on the boards all day.. good for you.. do you want to come over for a visit??? i will watch your dd!!! :ROTFLMAO:

Fairy
01-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Wow! I so would have been napping and doing positively NOTHING. I'm so impressed! Awesome!