PDA

View Full Version : Graco Quattro Tour Duo Stroller Thumbs Up or Down

EQ_Bo_07
01-13-2009, 05:23 PM
After lots of research, and considering different strollers, I am leaning towards Graco Quattro stroller. I realize it is big, but I had a big single stroller, and we use it on walks mostly, so it should not be an issue.

Are there any other issues that you have with the stroller that I should be aware of. Most of the reviews seem to be very positive.

edurnemk
01-13-2009, 05:34 PM
I had a Graco Quattro single, not a double, but IMO it's not a stroller for outdoor walks and Graco's are not the best quality strollers. Also I think the Quattro single is too big and heavy and hard to steer. I think that if you're planning to use it on perfect sidewalks or the mall it's fine, but otherwise there are better strollers out there for outdoor walks.

mocha62902
01-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Though I have not owned one, lots of women I know have. What I hear and what I notice is that most of them say they hardly used it since it was so large and bulky. They went for it in the beginning thinking that having the car seat with the stroller all fitting together nicely, it would be ideal. However, it was not at all convenient to use and did not hold up too well considering the times it was used. Good luck in your decision!

Lolabee
01-13-2009, 09:30 PM
I very briefly played with a one when I was shopping for a twin stroller, and absolutely hated it. It pushed like a tank, had a really big turning radius, and was really hard to steer. It also has a huuuuge book-style fold that I think would be very difficult to get into a smaller car. I think that it's useability would depend on how often you plan to use it, and where you want to use it. If you have a big vehicle, only plan to use it infrequently at places like the mall, and have the strength to wrestle it into your vehicle yourself it might work ok for you. It has a really big basket for stowing stuff like shopping bags, which is one of the big reasons some folks seem to like it.

I ended up getting a Maclaren Twin Traveller (now called the Twin Techno,) which pushes really easily and turns on a dime. It also folds up pretty small for storage and in the trunk. As my twins got bigger, I ended up getting a Phil & Teds E3 and loved it, until I got a Mountain Buggy double stroller and I love that even more. I would really recommend you look at some of these other options if you think you will need more of a workhorse stroller that will stand up to lots of use and abuse.

Hope that helps!

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2009, 09:42 PM
I thought these things were brand new, but I've seen several on our CL already, and I've seen them on clearance at BRU. Maybe it was just time to change out the pattern or something. For the quality and weight of it, I'd go with an air tire stroller of some type.